Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

As always, enjoyed your trip report! I’m glad the extra days were perfect weather and flying home first class was a great extra since the annoying family took over your seats.
I will be excited to read your next one!

Hey Caroline you got the 1000th post!!!! 🎉

Thank you so much, always glad to see you post and know you enjoyed reading along with this one.....it was a little long!!

We were so lucky with everything including the weather, yes, we treasured those last days, it was gorgeous and we loved the flight home......

Hope you and yours are doing good......and thank you for the lovely comments along the way.....:wave2:

Well, Carole, another absolutely wonderful trip report! I love reading your adventures, and you have helped us so much with your insights into little known places and things about Universal:)
Congratulations on getting upgraded to Upper Class. Wow, those seating compartments look spacious and comfortable. What a wonderful thing to happen.
We got upgraded one time on Delta to First Class, the first row. We were just checking in at the doorway to the plane when the lady rechecked our tickets and told us we had been upgraded to first class. What? Wow? It was a wonderful experience and a complete surprise.

I love cheesecake too, but Roger hates anything with cheese! Can you imagine? I have to leave cheese out of all dishes and casseroles with it in it. Sometimes I sneak some in for flavor and he never figures it out. LOL. Sometimes what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him.

So glad you had a comfortable flight back home, and I know you were really missing your Son.

Thanks again for taking me along for the ride:)

ruth

Carole I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Fantastic as always. Let the camera man know he did a great job.

What a special treat to be upgraded to First Class. It is nice to know the planets do align for the good sometimes when you are moved beyond your control. It looked comfy.

You will be back in Orlando before you know it.

Well, Carole, another absolutely wonderful trip report! I love reading your adventures, and you have helped us so much with your insights into little known places and things about Universal:)
Congratulations on getting upgraded to Upper Class. Wow, those seating compartments look spacious and comfortable. What a wonderful thing to happen.
We got upgraded one time on Delta to First Class, the first row. We were just checking in at the doorway to the plane when the lady rechecked our tickets and told us we had been upgraded to first class. What? Wow? It was a wonderful experience and a complete surprise.

I love cheesecake too, but Roger hates anything with cheese! Can you imagine? I have to leave cheese out of all dishes and casseroles with it in it. Sometimes I sneak some in for flavor and he never figures it out. LOL. Sometimes what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him.

So glad you had a comfortable flight back home, and I know you were really missing your Son.

Thanks again for taking me along for the ride:)

ruth

Thank you so much Ruth!

Isn`t it the nicest surprise when you get upgraded!! Years ago when we were flying to the UAE we got upgraded a couple of times from their business to Upper and it was wonderful, we were very pampered on those flights too.

I`ve never flown Delta, but they do codeshare with VA, so there is a connection there I believe. I never keep up with who airlines flying partners are though, some folks can tell you everything about who is with who.......maybe I should....lol...

I`m curious what kind of casserole you`d have cheese in????? I love cheesecake and some nicer cheeses but unless it`s a cheseboard, I don`t really eat it often.....but, give me a good creamy Brie though!!! Yes, sometimes if they don`t know something is in a dish, doesn`t do them any harm!!

Yes, we loved the flight, and yes, we were missing our boy a lot!!

Thank you for being along for this one Ruth, I`m very grateful for all your lovely comments along the way...... :wave2:

Carole I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Fantastic as always. Let the camera man know he did a great job.

What a special treat to be upgraded to First Class. It is nice to know the planets do align for the good sometimes when you are moved beyond your control. It looked comfy.

You will be back in Orlando before you know it.

I will certainly let Tom know, Thank you!!!

It was a treat for sure and yes, very comfy seats, something I doubt we`ll do again, so we made the most of it. I`m always sad to read folks have negative experiences with VA, from our very first flight with them way back in 2007 we`ve always had the best flights with them.

Yes, not long till Orlando now for us for the first trip of the year.......and thank you too, I`m always glad to read you enjoyed it, always nice to see you post along the way :wave2:

Great to see karma stepping in for your trip home!! What a lovely upgrade!!

Thanks for another great trip report. Although I've enjoyed all your reports over the years this one had an extra special feel to it. It was an interesting combination of the fun of vacation with the trials of real life mixed in. An emotional journey at times. I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever teared up reading a trip report.

Thanks again for sharing.

Great to see karma stepping in for your trip home!! What a lovely upgrade!!

Thanks for another great trip report. Although I've enjoyed all your reports over the years this one had an extra special feel to it. It was an interesting combination of the fun of vacation with the trials of real life mixed in. An emotional journey at times. I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever teared up reading a trip report.

Thanks again for sharing.

It really was a treat getting that upgrade.

You`re so welcome, I`m so glad you enjoyed it despite it being quite emotional too. We certainly never expected such a tragedy to unfold.

This was a very special trip, I`m always keen to celebrate and our 30th wedding anniversary gave us good reason!!!

But, thank you too for all your lovely comments along the way, I enjoyed reading them all....:)

Thank you so much Ruth!

Isn`t it the nicest surprise when you get upgraded!! Years ago when we were flying to the UAE we got upgraded a couple of times from their business to Upper and it was wonderful, we were very pampered on those flights too.

I`ve never flown Delta, but they do codeshare with VA, so there is a connection there I believe. I never keep up with who airlines flying partners are though, some folks can tell you everything about who is with who.......maybe I should....lol...

I`m curious what kind of casserole you`d have cheese in????? I love cheesecake and some nicer cheeses but unless it`s a cheseboard, I don`t really eat it often.....but, give me a good creamy Brie though!!! Yes, sometimes if they don`t know something is in a dish, doesn`t do them any harm!!

Yes, we loved the flight, and yes, we were missing our boy a lot!!

Thank you for being along for this one Ruth, I`m very grateful for all your lovely comments along the way...... :wave2:
Oh Carole, I had t laugh at your comment about cheese in casseroles? It seems that Every recipe I run into has cheese in it somewhere! Maybe it's an American thing, I don't know. But I have been leaving cheese out of lots of things since I got married years ago:) Thanks for the kind words and will keep in touch.

Just popping in to say thanks for the great report! I've been reading along from the beginning and can't wait to see your next one!

Thank you musika.....I so glad you enjoyed it and it was nice to see you post when you did.

I appreciated all your comments and taking the time to post....... :wave2:

Oh Carole, I had t laugh at your comment about cheese in casseroles? It seems that Every recipe I run into has cheese in it somewhere! Maybe it's an American thing, I don't know. But I have been leaving cheese out of lots of things since I got married years ago:) Thanks for the kind words and will keep in touch.

I did have a look at some American recipes and some of the dishes described as a casserole aren`t what we would call a casserole, so maybe that`s the difference. Things like cheesy potato casserole or brocolli cheese casserole are just sides to us.

So we do have very different recipes for things ::yes::

Absolutely, I enjoy our emails :wave2:

How awesome that you got the upgrade! You have completely turned my into a fan of Virgin Atlantic and now we will not fly to Europe on another carrier because we are so spoiled by Premium!

Loved, loved, loved your report! Can't wait to hear about the April/May trip!

How awesome that you got the upgrade! You have completely turned my into a fan of Virgin Atlantic and now we will not fly to Europe on another carrier because we are so spoiled by Premium!

Loved, loved, loved your report! Can't wait to hear about the April/May trip!

I`m so glad you enjoyed the VA experience, they are a cut above most carriers from the UK. We tried British Airways once when I went to New York, but it wasn`t as good as VA, got us there though I suppose. I do think VA Premium cabin is a good one.

Thank you, I`m happy you enjoyed reading along and thank you for taking the time to post, it was always lovely to see you pop in.......

Next trip is getting closer!!!

What a beautiful trip! Thanks so much for sharing it. And I ADORE the fact that you ended up in upper class due to the meanies! :laughing:

Cara....it is so good to see you....I was going to send you a pm to check you were ok....you were missed!! Or maybe it just seems a long time since you were here :-)

Thank you!!! It was a long trip and so many persevered with me and commented along the way, always lovely to read them.

Yes, it was an amazing trip, we`ve been so lucky with all our trips, even when we had airlines go bust and be repatriated (that was fun!!!) and hurricanes or tropical storms, we`ve made the best of each and every trip and I`m so glad you enjoyed this one too.

There was a satisfaction in getting Upper Class with the circumstances involved, but, I always feel so bad when staff have to put up with people like that.

I`m so glad you enjoyed it though and hope you`re doing ok.....you have your trip with your daughter next month if I remember correctly??? St Augustine??? That`s going to be a wonderful visit for both of you, St Augustine is so beautiful.

I always hate when your trip reports come to an end. But then we always know that another one will soon be hitting the boards too ;)

That upgrade :cheer2: wow!!!! That's the way to fly!!!!

Thanks so much Pumpkin!!

This one did go on a little, but it was hard to cover 5 weeks in a fast time frame!!! Although even our shorter 16 night trips usually take me too long.....life is busy at times!!

Yes, it was a lovely flight, but think we`ll stick to Premium in the future.

Glad to have you along for the journey again.....yep another 3 week trip coming up soon, and thank you for your lovely comments :wave2:

Cara....it is so good to see you....I was going to send you a pm to check you were ok....you were missed!! Or maybe it just seems a long time since you were here :-)

Thank you!!! It was a long trip and so many persevered with me and commented along the way, always lovely to read them.

Yes, it was an amazing trip, we`ve been so lucky with all our trips, even when we had airlines go bust and be repatriated (that was fun!!!) and hurricanes or tropical storms, we`ve made the best of each and every trip and I`m so glad you enjoyed this one too.

There was a satisfaction in getting Upper Class with the circumstances involved, but, I always feel so bad when staff have to put up with people like that.

I`m so glad you enjoyed it though and hope you`re doing ok.....you have your trip with your daughter next month if I remember correctly??? St Augustine??? That`s going to be a wonderful visit for both of you, St Augustine is so beautiful.
Great memory! Yes, we have our mother-daughter trip to St. Augustine mid-month. We're staying at the beach, so we think we'll do quite a bit of reading and lounging. A visit to the historic district, the lighthouse and a spa are also on our agenda. Maybe a ghost tour? She has a two-year-old, so I'm sure she'll enjoy a few days of not having to take care of anyone else!

Great memory! Yes, we have our mother-daughter trip to St. Augustine mid-month. We're staying at the beach, so we think we'll do quite a bit of reading and lounging. A visit to the historic district, the lighthouse and a spa are also on our agenda. Maybe a ghost tour? She has a two-year-old, so I'm sure she'll enjoy a few days of not having to take care of anyone else!

I`m glad I remembered correctly!

Oh please do the Ghost Tour if you can, we`d love to do one, but we never seem to get around to staying overnight and do it. The lighthouse is also somewhere we`ve never visited, but everyone says it`s a must see.

It sounds like you`ll have a lovely trip there with some fun plans, and reading, relaxing and lounging for some of the time sounds perfect. And so many lovely food options there too.

Come back and let us know how it went, but hope you both have an absolute blast :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter