Happy Birthday WDW! Are you older or younger (shout out to 1971'rs)

October 1, 1971.

I love that as a 1971 birthday guy myself, it is easy for me to keep up with WDW.

A special nod to my fellow 1971 kids. And for the record, I am older by about 8 months. So, are you older or younger than WDW?
Today is also my birthday,definitely feels more special with it also being the date MK and Epcot opened(1971 &1982).I'm 4 years younger than MK.

Last edited:
I'm a bit younger (72'er here).
I have grand plans to get a season pass for my 50th birthday (bucket list). I'm thinking I'll have to get it earlier to make MK's 50th and have it last until my 50th.

Older by 5 years and fond childhood memories of that first trip in the fall of '71 when it was brand new :-)
And thank you Grandma and Grandpa Caroli for taking me then.
I miss you both every day :sad1:

Older by quite a bit but 1971 is the year I graduated from college, started teaching and got married so it's a big year for me (and DH).

Hey Klmall aka Kathy - just wanted to say I love your photography.

And one more thought on this older/younger thing. My 11yo set me up perfectly while wandering the hub at MK last year, and I walked right into it. We were walking past the Walt statue. He asked how old Walt would be now, and I said I thought he was born about 1900. And he said, "so about the same year you were born?" I laughed too hard to get mad.

missed it by *thaaaaat* much. I'm 3 months younger than WDW. My parents went - and left myself and older sis behind with grandma!! - when I was 2. My first trip was WDW's 10th anniversary

I just told my mom today that Disney World and I are the same age! WDW has me beat by three months though...I'm December 1971.

Older by 2 years. Born in '69, the year man landed on the moon and Woodstock. My first visit to Walt Disney World was in 1974 and I've been going, on average, once year since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter