Happy Limo, Tiffany, Caritier, FL Tours, etc.

mshinrockford

Mouseketeer
I realize that all of these Towncar/Limo service providers are good, and that prices are all very, very similar. As a result, opinions on which company is "best" may have more to do with a specific driver than the actual company, but can anyone offer a clear and compelling reason to use one company over another? My main considerations are safety and cleanliness. I'm definitely willing to pay a couple of extra dollars to have a pleasant, relaxing ride with a courteous driver. We'll be traveling from MCO to WDW, then WDW to the Port (and back again). Any suggestions on who to do with (or stay away from)?

If you go up to the Transportation board, you can find a lot of information and feedback on various limos.

I personally will not use Happy Limo again. I realize that our bad experience may have been isolated, but when I got home I contacted them and my issue was not acknowledged or responded to. I just read on the Transportation board about someone else who contacted Happy Limo concerning a bad experience and she did not receive a response either. That indicates to me that they do not have good customer service.

The only other we have used is Cartier and we were very pleased. We used them to go from the airport to WDW then from WDW to the Port and then Port to airport. They were very professional and prompt to deal with making the arrangements. And their drivers were very courteous, arrived early, and drove safely.

Also, I have read good things about FL Tours and they sponsor these boards. They operate on a cash basis. And yourride seems to get good reviews, but they say that they prefer cash even though they advertise that they accept credit cards.

KMC33 > thanks for the reply. I have read many of the reviews on the transportation boards. It seems that everyone's got their favorite Towncar service and that almost none of the companies have a perfect customer service record, but Cartier does seem to get consistently good reviews. I think I'll try Cartier this time. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

We used Cartier last year and we were pleased, but not overwhelmed!

The limo was nice, and they provided all of the specifics I asked for. We had a safe, uneventful drive each leg of our journey.

We had 2 small concerns.

#1, the driver was very quiet and not particularly friendly. He wasn't rude, he was just silent.

#2, when we got to the Radisson, after he'd picked us up at the Poly, one of our suitcases was not there! The driver quickly tried to shake off any blame, saying he loaded up everything we had set out. It was a small suitcase containing all of our shoes. After searching further, we found it wedged into a corner of the trunk.
This was after the driver INSISTED that the trunk was empty, but I made him open it again. So, all's well that ends well, but that incident was not pleasant.

Aside from that, the driver was always on time, the limo was clean and well furnished, and we did find the suitcase!!

Scale of 1 to 10? 7+

'Beano':cool:

We just used YourRide from the airport to Port Canaveral. The van was very clean, the service professional, courteous and prompt. Their website is http://www.yourride.net , and our experience was wonderful. We would not hesitate to recommend Rabbit and his colleagues and will use them again when in Florida.

Check out the transportation board for many reviews on the different companies.

The strongest reason I can give you to use one company over another is the fact that FL Tours is a sponsor of these discussion boards.

By using the sponsor of the boards you make a direct impact on these boards being available in the future.

And my personal testimony on FL Tours is:
<HR>
We just returned from a 12 day vacation during which all our transportation was provided by FL Tours.

Andy met us at the airport, took us to The Radisson by the port in Coco Beach. Picked us up from the cruise ship and took us to the Dolphin, then from the Dolphin back to the airport.

Always on time, Always friendly and helpful - it was a great trip - Thanks Andy!
<HR>
Transportation Board Link

We use Happy Limo a lot...just used them for our March trip and we'll be taking them again this week for our April weekend Wonder cruise. You can find lots of specific details in the trip reports on my website, but overall we've gotten great service from them. They are always on time for us and have nice vehicles and friendly drivers.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at:www.castawayclub.com

Thanks very much. I agree that board sponsorship is a significant reason to support FL Tours, especially when their reviews are consistently good. One very minor concern, I've sent them 2 emails in the last 24 hours and still no reply. Maybe they’re just busy (or recovering from Spring Break), but most of the other companies have provided a quick reply. Maybe I should just give FL Tours a call directly?

We used Tiffany last year from the airport to Disney Old Key West. The driver was very nice. He stopped at the grocery store for us and then helped us load up our groceries. I would highly recommend them. They were recommended to my very highly also. :D

liked there price and i could understand rabbit, also yourRide is a member of BBB. that was enough for me. will let you know how the service is.

We've used both yourride and Tiffany. Our driver Thom from yourride was very nice and we had a great chat on the way out to the port. They also had a portable VCR and the kids watched Monsters,inc. This was great as there is no real scenery to interest them. While Tiffany was o.k., I would definately use yourride next time.

I also recommend Yourride. We used them last October for Transportation from the Fairfield Inn at MCO to the port and then back to Hertz facility to pick up a rental car. They are very professional, on time, with new clean vehicles. Their drivers Dennis and Rabbit (The owner) were great!! They even upgraded us from an Expedition to a 4 person Limo for the trip to the port and to an Excursion for the ride back to Orlando. I will definitely use them again with no hesitation.

CWD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter