Happy Victoria Day!

bsbkmacgowan

<font color="red">Brian's driving while Sandy's po
To all the Canadians on the board... and anyone who knows or is married to a Canadian... (and I think y'all know who you are!) ;)

Happy Victoria Day!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hey, I'd do fireworks if I knew how to do fireworks here... ;)

(I may live in Canada, and I'm married to a Canadian, but I'm still a Red-White-and-Blue girl at heart!) :teeth:

Sandy (and Brian, Bonnie & Kellie!) :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I miss all those nice holidays....of course we have a nice 4 day holiday coming up this week end too..for the red white and blue in you... I just think I will celebrate both...

OK, you guys....tell us what Victoria Day is all about!:D

Victoria Day is the celebration of Queen Victoria's birthday. Victoria Day is always on the Monday before Memorial Day and is a statutory holiday. The Victoria Day weekend it is considered by most to be the unofficial start of summer. Many people, at least here in the Toronto area, wait until the Victoria Day weekend to plant their flower gardens.

Here in Ontario the day is celebrated with fireworks both public and private. The strange thing is that they have fireworks for Victoria Day but not on Canada Day. :confused: If they do have Canada Day fireworks it is not on the same level as Victoria Day.

I grew up in New Brunswick, which is part of the four eastern provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland) collectively known as the Atlantic Provinces, not to be confused with the Maritime Provinces, or the Maritimes, which is just NB, NS and PEI. Anyways, in the Atlantic Provinces Victoria Day it is just quietly observed with gatherings of friend and family...no fireworks; this allows for the purchase of more beer. Canada Day usually has some form of public fireworks.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter