Hard Rock or Royal Pacific

Julie Amber

Mouseketeer
I'm bringing a large group next month and currently have 6 rooms booked at Hard Rock. When I booked, Hard Rock was the only hotel that had AP discount rooms.... and with 6 rooms, it sure makes a big difference!

Well, recently RP opened up for AP rate rooms while we'll be there and now I'm second guessing my choice. I love how close Hard Rock is to the parks. But I also feel like this group would love the relaxed vibe of Royal Pacific.

More about this group- most of them are new to Universal
Several are big swimmers and will want to use the pool
We're only staying one night near Universal (the rest of our trip is in an airbnb)

I’d keep the Hard Rock. Nice resort, very short boat ride or walk to the parks. RPR is also nice, but I really like being so close. And for me Porto and HR are my favorite, with RPR third. Though I have no problem staying at all three. Am at Hard Rock now, as just so easy to get back to hotel when tired.

The pool at RP is much better than the HR one, you can swim in it if that is important to your group. Hard Rock pool is too shallow. RP doesn`t have a slide if that`s important too, but it does have a good kids play area and the best pool bar for food of both hotels. Although the HR pol bar is very nice too.

The walk from RP is around 6-7 minutes from IOA....hardly a trek and we don`t feel it`s long at all. Few extra minutes from Studios. Yes, HRH is handy of you`re in the Studios but in the grand scale of things, both hotels are easily walkable from both parks. And you have the boats.

Biased person here, I do prefer the RP over HR as it feels more resort like to me over HR.

You`ll have a good time regardless of where you end up.

Stick with HR. RPR is a notch below, and the short stroll to Universal is a joy (like walking from Beach Club to Epcot).

Stick with HR. RPR is a notch below, and the short stroll to Universal is a joy (like walking from Beach Club to Epcot).

Personal opinion of course, but curious as to why you think RP is a notch below HR?

I know many love both hotels in different ways……..HRH has my favourite onsite restaurant The Palm for example.

We find HRH to be much more convenient in many ways compared to RPH. We also like the larger rooms at HRH. We don't really care about the pools. Food options are good at both. I like the theming slightly better at RPH but my boys will pick HRH every time. Unless there is a HUGE price difference, we always choose HRH over RPH.

I'm bringing a large group next month and currently have 6 rooms booked at Hard Rock. When I booked, Hard Rock was the only hotel that had AP discount rooms.... and with 6 rooms, it sure makes a big difference!

Well, recently RP opened up for AP rate rooms while we'll be there and now I'm second guessing my choice. I love how close Hard Rock is to the parks. But I also feel like this group would love the relaxed vibe of Royal Pacific.

More about this group- most of them are new to Universal
Several are big swimmers and will want to use the pool
We're only staying one night near Universal (the rest of our trip is in an airbnb)
HRH and RPR are the only hotels we stay when at UO.
I love them both!
In my opinion from walking to/from the parks, HRH is closer to Studios and RPR is closer to Islands of Adventure. So you get a 1 park advantage staying at each. And we are literally talking minutes.......

With only a 1 night stay, you won't be able to do the parks, go swimming AND appreciate all the amenities of the resorts.
With that in mind, I would pick RPR. If it saves a good deal of money x6, use that for a special meal. I always go to The Palm at the HRH.

I would base it on which one you think the group would like. HR is my least favorite of the 3 EP resorts, but that is personal preference.

If you are doing 2 park days with EP, you will have time to use the pool, whether for a mid-day break or in the evening after the parks close. Sept can be quite hot and a pool break in the afternoon is nice. You can still use the pool on your check out day.

IMO, it doesn't get anymore relaxed than HRH. One thing I love about the vibe and atmosphere of HRH is how casual it is, how employees have multi-colored hair and visible tattoos and piercings, and how employees talk to you like a buddy rather than using stiff traditional customer service techniques. Its hard to explain unless you experience it, but we always feel very comfortable there because of it.

I like the pool at both and think the underwater rock music at HRH is a unique feature at that pool. With adults, its more of a party-style vibe with trendy music. There's a slide and sand for kids. We've had lunch at the pool there without even staying there before and always found it good.

Both are very nice hotels and I enjoyed them both. But I'd pick the Hard Rock for a return trip - honestly because the staff was just that awesome.
Oh - and after experiencing the music video channel - OMG - I miss it so much, it's like MTV when it actually played music - without the commercials!

Ugh, I'm jonesing now - I need to go back!

For me, both are nice so it would come down to price. How much more is HRH? If it's more than $40 or $50 per room then RPR would be my choice. The rooms are smaller at RPR but still nice.

For me, both are nice so it would come down to price. How much more is HRH? If it's more than $40 or $50 per room then RPR would be my choice. The rooms are smaller at RPR but still nice.
Same here. It always comes down to the price - se we normally end up at RPR which is fine with us ;)

I would keep HR, closer to the parks, cool vibe and the rooms are bigger. We stayed once at RP and I wouldn't stay there again based on the small rooms and the service. HR was top notch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter