Has Anybody done an Asia cruise?

FairestOfThemAll37

DIS Veteran
Has anybody done an Asia cruise on RCCL (or any other line for that matter)? How was it? I guess I don't have any specific questions yet lol, just looking for experiences.

We're likely looking at 2019 so only a few lines have itineraries out.

Can't say we've sailed RCL in Asia, but have been on board in the Mediterranean (Greek Isles) and South Pacific (Sydney, New Zealand, French Polynesia) and had similar experiences as on our RCL cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska.

Where are you thinking of going?

Can't say we've sailed RCL in Asia, but have been on board in the Mediterranean (Greek Isles) and South Pacific (Sydney, New Zealand, French Polynesia) and had similar experiences as on our RCL cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska.

Where are you thinking of going?

Probably the Japan, Taiwan, China route if we can find one we like. They seem to either go northern or southern unless you do 30+ days.

I do wish these boards had an "other" cruising board lol. Some cruise centric sites are really overwhelming if you don't have specific questions yet :)

Longer (more than 7 day) cruises are difficult for most folks. Our Greek Isles cruise was 12 days and our Sydney>Hawaii cruise was 18 days, plus before/after stays. Many people just can't get away for that long.

We've enjoyed the longer cruises and have a couple more planned but we are retired so we have a lot of flexibility in our travel plans. We've seen places in our cruise trips that we normally would not have seen. Its a great way to visit spots that by themselves would not warrant a trip.

Agree that DIS should probably open another board for other cruise lines. The Dreams Unlimited folks have sailed on Viking River Cruises, have another one planned and are also organizing a Viking Ocean Cruise. I know they are also very interested in Celebrity. Perhaps once the interest in other cruise lines increases here on the DIS they can either rename (open up) the RCL board or start a new one.

I haven't. But I've read about them
on cruisecritic.

It seems worth knowing that many things are changed when sailing out of Asia. The smoking sections seem to be expanded (or perhaps the guests just don't care about them) and the food is changed more to the Asian palate.

This has really thrown people who expected the same old same old, so i mention it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter