Has anybody in this group done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour?

Renarr

Mouseketeer
The missus (someone who has used DAS in the past) and I are planning a trip in August and we've been hoping to do this tour.

If you have, the two things we're wondering about:

(1) We know it's a walking tour with a lot of standing (that part should be okay), but does the tour move quickly from place to place? While we can handle the amount of walking, if it's particularly fast, we should probably pass on this one.

(2) How often can there be restroom stops? She's probably good for about 90 minutes or so, tops.

Any insights that any of you have into this would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I did the tour the first weekend in September. It was a really fun tour and I learned a lot. Super good for Disney nerds.

We stopped 2x during the tour - Once as a very quick break (less than 10 minutes) and once for lunch. There were no breaks after lunch. I feel like it was more than 90 minutes between stops. I have a feeling, though, every tour is a little different depending on what time you go on it - they change the tour based on rides being down, parade prep, what time your group has lunch at Pecos Bill.

And it does move very quickly when walking from place to place - lots of weaving through the crowds as well.

I bet if you called Disney they could talk to you about it and make accommodations. The cast members were so nice. My friend had some specific dietary needs and they definitely sprinkled some pixie dust to make it happen.

(Edited to fix my terrible typos)

Last edited:
My DD is a former CM who led this tour before moving over to VIP tours. Let CM know at the beginning of tour and see if they can work with you. Worst case , if the group need to move along the CM can tell you where to meet them. Too bad they switched the lunch. It used to be at the Columbia Harbor House.

I’ve done it twice and I have an injury and don’t move fast and I had no issues with the tour - please speak with the Cast Member they will be happy to accommodate you !! Enjoy the Tour !!!! It’s very interesting!!

I did it a few years ago and used an ECV - if that's an option for you. There were a fair number of restroom breaks. Seems like we did stand in one spot for a good amount of time at some places while the guide talked about this or that and people asked questions. The only changes I remember with an ECV is that I took an elevator some spots when others did not...so I'm guessing they did stairs. The speed of walking didn't seem to be that fast. You are walking through the crowds and wearing a headset so you can hear the guide who keeps talking as you walk to the next spot. Sometimes in the ECV I got a bit separated from the bulk of the group but I could see them a few people ahead of me - you do tend to get slightly strung out depending on how thick the crowds are. She waited for everyone to regroup before launching into any big talk pointing out things we had to look at.

Thanks to all for your thoughtful feedback. It's greatly appreciated!
I bet if you called Disney they could talk to you about it and make accommodations. The cast members were so nice. My friend had some specific dietary needs and they definitely sprinkled some pixie dust to make it happen.
Since we have a bit of time before we have to make a decision, I like this idea just to see if we can figure out what the official party line is, too!

Thanks to all for your thoughtful feedback. It's greatly appreciated!

Since we have a bit of time before we have to make a decision, I like this idea just to see if we can figure out what the official party line is, too!
Let us know what you find out. I've done the tour twice. Once a few years before 9/11 and the other not long after. Two totally different experiences. I was also a lot more mobile for them then than now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter