Has anyone been successful getting replacement medals?

Ellie_

Earning My Ears
Hi! I did my first Dopey this year and I noticed on the day of the marathon in the afternoon that my Dopey medal’s paint has started chipping. Needless to say I was bummed so I called the RunDisney phone line who told me to use the Contact Us page to request a new one.

I submitted that note on 1/8 and then followed up two weeks later with another message. It’s been close to a month now and no response. I’m getting nervous that the window is closing to be able to get a new medal.

Has anyone had success getting a new medal? Is there a specific email I can reach out to? Any tips would be really appreciated!

Hi! I did my first Dopey this year and I noticed on the day of the marathon in the afternoon that my Dopey medal’s paint has started chipping. Needless to say I was bummed so I called the RunDisney phone line who told me to use the Contact Us page to request a new one.

I submitted that note on 1/8 and then followed up two weeks later with another message. It’s been close to a month now and no response. I’m getting nervous that the window is closing to be able to get a new medal.

Has anyone had success getting a new medal? Is there a specific email I can reach out to? Any tips would be really appreciated!
Unfortunately this is not uncommon. Some have been successful and some have not. You are using the correct contact method.

One of the big issues with contacting runDisney is they are not a very big team. Compared to other departments of Disney they are quite small. I would email again but know you also may be out of luck. They don't keep hundreds of medals on hand after either. Definitely does not hurt to try again though and I would recommend it.

Most people I've read about requesting a medal replacement have been successful, but report it often takes several months to get the new one.

This will 100% not help you right now, but for future disney races (especially when you finish a challenge and end up with multiple medals) something you can do is inspect your medal after you get it (just step out of the flow of traffic) for chipped/scratched paint. If it's damaged, ask for a different one. Also try to not let your medals clank against each other while you're walking, which seems to usually be when they get scuffed up. (This can also happen when volunteers are holding an arm full of medals, but it really can't be completely prevented with the quantity of runners that come through the finish and the volunteers are trying to pass out the medals are trying to make sure the chute doesn't get backed up.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter