Has Anyone Compared?

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
I was wondering which is a better deal? FTP or Cdn at Par?

Has anyone gotten quotes on both and made their decision based on them?

For our trip in October, I was quoted the following:

Moderate Standard with FTP (7 nights): $1163 US (including UPH) for 2 adults (me & DD)
Moderate Standard with Can at Par (7 nights): $754 US (plus passes)

Hope this helps :).

It depends. I got a quote for both for our October trip. We are staying at CBR from October 18-25th. The FTP was going to be $1233 US with the DC discount. The room only Cdn at Par is $602 US although I believe it's actually a little higher than that because of a mixup on the first day of booking. Disney is going to honour the lower rate that we got. We went with the Cdn at Par because we are planning on purchasing annual passes so the total cost will be $1356 US with the room only Cdn at par and the annual passes. We were going to go with the FTP until the Cdn at par deal came out and we decided that for an extra $123 US we'd have the annual passes for future trips rather than no passes if we'd done the FTP package. We kinda look at it like we are only paying $123 US for the two adult annual passes.

I still think the FTP is a great deal but for us we'll pay a little bit more in October to save in the future.

I should also add that we have 2 plus features left from our 7 day PHP passes from last year so we can still go to a water park or pleasure island etc. with the annual passes since we aren't purchasing the premium annual passes.

Sorry this is so long.

I just edited my post to say that the FTP was for 2 adults.

cdnmickeylover: we're going to be at the CSR or Poly the exact same dates as you :)...are you still doing MNSSHP on the 19th?

DisneyLisa -- Yup we are still planning on the 19th. Haven't purchased the tickets yet though. It's on my to do list but am waiting a bit to see what the $ will do. :D

I originally booked the Fairytale plan, but changed to the CDN@Par because it worked better in my personal case.

Where the difference exists is with the passes. If you are going for exactly 7 days and will going to the parks every day and need to buy admission for all of the days, the FT package is unbeatable.

If you are going for more or less than 7 days or already have passes, CDN@Par might be better.

The CDN@Par gives you room only @ 67% of the regular price (actually better than par), and you would have to buy admission on top of that at regular price. The FT package gives you a room @ 57% of the regular price, plus the UPH @ 57% as well.

Another factor that might influence the decision is the deposit and cacellation policy. The FT plan requires a $200 US deposit with full payment by 45 days before the trip (non-refundable unless you buy cancellation insurance). CDN@Par only requires a deposit of one night's room rate with full payment due at check-in - cancellation can be made up to 5 days before check-in for refund of deposit.

Originally posted by getbak
Another factor that might influence the decision is the deposit and cacellation policy. The FT plan requires a $200 US deposit with full payment by 45 days before the trip (non-refundable unless you buy cancellation insurance). CDN@Par only requires a deposit of one night's room rate with full payment due at check-in - cancellation can be made up to 5 days before check-in for refund of deposit.

I'm not being picky, I just wanted to clearify. This is a quote from Mousesaver.com , but it is excatly what I was told by WDTC when I booked my FTP:

"When booking through WDTC, even a "room only" reservation is considered a "package" and is subject to the rules for packages:
You must pay a $200 deposit ($100 for Disney Club members) within 14 days of reserving your package.
Final payment of the entire remainder is due 45 days prior to check-in (21 days for Disney Club members). You have to pay in full right away if you are booking less than 45 days in advance (21 days for Disney Club members).
You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 45 days in advance (5 days for Disney Club members). From 6 to 44 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $100 (no fee for Disney Club members). If you cancel 5 days or less in advance, you pay a $200 penalty ($100 for Disney Club members).
Any changes that result in a rate change, such as applying a discount code, reducing number of days and/or changing to a differently-priced resort, made 45 days or less prior to arrival (5 days for Disney Club members), are subject to a $50 fee.
Beware - WDTC usually adds nonrefundable travel insurance to your package by default. If you don't want it, tell them while you are making the reservation. Once you hang up, it's too late. You can add the insurance later if you wish, up until your final payment is due.""

The $100 cancellation amount is less then 1 night for my room anyway, so for me, it's only any issue that it all needed to be paid 45 days in advance vs. paying upon checking out.

For me the FTP was a good deal : 2 Adults & 1 Jr. (Adult UPH) & 1Child at the CBR = $1691.03 USD (This gives us 8 days of tickets)
Cdn Par Hotel + 7PHP Tickets = $1894.74 USD

So if I understand correctly, it all comes down to the passes (basically). How are you finding availability under both? Is one booking up faster than the other?

The Canadian At Par is on a "limited availability" & I've been unable to get it for several resort requests (for August & October dates)...on the other hand I've been able to get the FTP every time. I was told that as long as there is a room available at your chosen resort, you can have the FTP package.

At 7:15 am the first day of Canadian At Par, the CSR Waterview was the only moderate available. When I called back a few days later there was nothing at a moderate at all for Canadian at Par so I booked the CSR with FTP.

Doesn't it make you wonder how many rooms per package/discount code they really do set aside?

Yup. I should say that we had the CBR booked already and our TA just got the Cdn at Par code applied to it. I don't know if that has anything to do with us having the CBR. I know that with the closing of POR the moderates are a lot harder to get.

I would think that Disney would make more room available for the FTP than the Cdn at Par because the number of people potentially booking the FTP would be greater than the number of Cdns wishing to book a room.

After I booked the FTP, my neighour & her dd decide that they would go at the same time as us (nothing like inviting yourself :rolleyes: but that's another story)....anyways she's quite the procrastinator, so until I told her that reportedly the moderates were almost "sold out" esp. CBR, she called (a week later) and put a hold on, a room at Cdn Par rate. But then didn't confirm in time (5 days?) but then finally booked it a couple of days after her expiry hold and still got the hotel. Go figure!

So the short of it is that, I think you'll be able to get "just about anything" at the Cdn Par, if you’re flexible.

And I absolutely agree with cdnmickeylover, there's going to be more FTP's then Cdn deals......why? (in addition to what she has already said) because Disney pockets more money on the FTP:
1) You're on-site, (food & meals extra$)
2) 7 nights vs. shorter trips
3) Tickets can't be carried forward (so next time you go, more ticket revenue, instead of holding & using later)

Have to agree with your reasons too MaMudduck. One of the reasons we didn't go with the FTP is because the tickets "expire" at the end of the trip and we wanted annual passes which would be good for a second trip, possibly at Christmas although that depends a lot on work.

The FTP makes a lot of sense for Disney but it is also a good deal depending on your length of trip and your future trip. We did seriously consider it.

I'm so impressed and amazed, by how well you guys have everything worked out. I'm also completely confused...lol...:o (I did mention that to Julie, Janet, and Kathy on Sunday..lol).

A couple of questions for you experts, if you don't mind? :) I've been toying with the idea of going to WDW in Oct. (if I can convice DH), and I already have a annual pass, so, I'm thinking the Cdn. Par deal would be best. When does the offer end, and what date do you have to travel by? Is it June 15th, and Oct. 31st??? Also, does anyone know for sure when POR closes, or is only part of the resort closing?

Thank you...thank you very much! :)

Hi Kim:

Here's what the Canadian WDW Website says:
Priceless magic...Priced At-Par.

This summer, with this exclusive Canadian Resident offer, you can stay right in the middle of the magic and receive an At-Par rate* in a Disney Value, Moderate or Deluxe Resort. As our Guest you'll enjoy great stuff like transportation throughout the Walt Disney World property, renowned Disney Guest service 24 hours a day, and spectacular themed pools. And each day you'll receive an Extra Magic Hour in one of the Theme Parks to enjoy some of the most popular attractions simply by presenting a valid Theme Park admission and your Resort I.D. This great deal is available most nights from 7/1 to 10/31/03 when you stay three or more nights. But hurry and book by 6/30 - there are a limited number of rooms available with this promotion.

As for renovations at POR, I was able to get a quote today on a room there for our October 17-26th trip for Canadian at Par but the only availability was "waterview". I was quoted $118.78 U.S./night. There were no other moderates available for our dates so I'd call ASAP if you want to go...looks like October is popular. You have 28 days to make your deposit.

Hey Snowwark,
There's going to by a lot of little Cdn dis meets in Oct. we need our moderator down there for sure. Tell Dh you have job responsibilities to attend to:o , I think we need some special Canadian Dis Buttons or something too - ( I'll work on something)

By the way- do you have any pull with the TF's, I've asked them to fly over to the Cdn side and tag some of us over here. But I guess it's true......The Tag Fairies pixie dust freezes on the Cdn board.
DisneyLisa is about to hit 1000 and she still shows up a "dis veteran"- Where's the color! Where's the spice!

Oh my goodness...I didn't realize I had posted so much. It seems like just the other day I was at around 400. I guess I talk as much on-line as I do in real life ;) :). My neighbour can vouch for that, right Paula. Paula reads the Canadian Board all the time but never posts. Come on Paula...time to sign up & post something...no more lurking :teeth:.

Thank you for the information, Lisa. :) I'm still working on DH, although he's very keen on going to the Food & Wine Festival again, he really enjoyed that. It's on Oct. 18th - Nov. 16th. I think I better go pour more Miracle Grow around the Money Tree! ;) :)

Job responsibilities, Wendy? ;) Hmmm....I'll try to remember that one! The Tag Fairies pixie dust is probably being washed away by all our lovely, wet weather! :)

Definitely makes at least two of trying to convince a DH to go to WDW. I've tried everything in the book ..believe me. His problem is that he doesn't like giving "that much money, to one business in one year"( -well six months-we just came back in May). But with such great deals how could he possibly pass it up.

I think it might be time for a separate vacation..you think?

My Dh is addicted to golf so I've found that all I have to do is wave the "golf carrot" in front of him and he's quite happy to go where I want to go! Since July 2000, we have gone 7 times (a lot of golfing in there too!) and the only reason my 8th trip in October, is a solo trip, is because we can't really leave Tim on his own, if Dan's away at university. But there again, he doesn't mind because he's planning his own solo golfing trip!

Kim, you just have to keep telling John that it's too good a deal to pass up and that he'll have an even better time at the F & W F, knowing he saved all that money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter