• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done Disneyland Birthday Parties?

dreamingdisney

Mouseketeer
My DD's 5th birthday is on July 12 and she wants her birthday party at Disneyland - of course!!

I know the 12th is too close to the all the celebrations around July 17th, so we're thinking about moving it up to July 8th.

Has anyone had their child's birthday celebration at the Disneyland Plaza or Goofy's Kitchen? I know everyone has to have park admission to go to a party at the Plaza, but not at Goofy's Kitchen. I'm just trying to compare the two.

We've had our DS's 5th birthday party dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and we also went to my neice's birthday party breakfast at the same place. I've never been to a birthday party at the Plaza Inn so I can't comment on it. Anyways, Goofy's Kitchen is really nice. The food was good and there was plenty of interaction with the characters. Even my elderly mom acted "goofy"(pun intended) with Goofy! It's a bit on the pricey side but it's worth it. If you've never been there before or don't plan on going there for a while, I say try it this time. They also have party bags for the kids but I forgot how much they cost. I think you and your DD would have a great time...

We did the Goofy's Kitchen party for my 50 year old "kid" in January, and considered the party inside the park as well...but didn't do that one.

Goofy's Kitchen was fun, but it wasn't very crowded when we were there. You pay an extra $10 for a birthday bag for the birthday person. They bring balloons to the table (so the characters know that some special attention is needed). The birthday bag has a button, a special Goofy's Kitchen maraca, and something else (I can't remember now!). They bring a special cupcake to your table with a candle in it, and Goofy helps everyone join in singing happy birthday to the birthday kid. It was fun, and the buffet had some great stuff.

The party in the park is cheaper, you don't get breakfast, you get to decorate your own birthday cake (really a cupcake). There is a photo opportunity with characters and "Pat E. Cake" who is the host of this party. It looked like fun, but we decided one party for the day was enough.

You can also buy the special birthday bucket, I think there is a choice of Buzz Lightyear, Pooh or Princesses theme. There is an enamel pin, a party hat, and other surprises inside the bucket (which is basically a popcorn bucket).

Oh, and don't forget to stop by City Hall for a Birthday sticker. If you are staying at one of the Disney resorts, stop by the front desk and get a personalized birthday button. Cast members will give birthday button/sticker wearers extra special attention all day.

Thanks for the responses. It looks like we might do Goofy's Kitchen. We are planning on inviting about 10 guests, do they have birthday cakes you can choose from, or does each guest receive a cupcake (which would be fine too). Thanks so much!

For both parties, we actually brought in our own cakes. So, I don't know what theirs are like...

lap3,

That's great they'll let you bring your own cakes - wasn't sure if I could do that! Do they have a special room or section for the party?

Right now we have planned our daughter's 5th Bday for Goofy's kitchen for dinner(we planned on eating there anyway). I went ahead and got bags for all of us and her a bucket as well. We also plan on doing the Plaza party the day before her Bday since we will be there the whole week. I will definately report back as to our experiances. We will be there in late April so that would give you time to decide!

dreamingdisney said:
lap3,

That's great they'll let you bring your own cakes - wasn't sure if I could do that! Do they have a special room or section for the party?
They kept the cake in the kitchen fridge and brought it out when everyone was done eating their meals Seating for my DS's birthday, we had about 10 people so they seated us where ever space became available. For my neice, we had about 50 people show up so they seated all of us in the circular-shaped room. Yeah, I know, 50 people was a lot. Hey, but that's what the parents wanted for my neice.

Last november we celebrated a triple birthday at Goofy's(my son and two friend's daughters)we didn't order the gift bags or any birthday packages we just let our server know that it was our children's birthdays. :earboy2: We made up our own gift bags and brought them(mickey blowers, incredible masks, crayons for autograph books etc etc)and the kids LOVED them. We didn't bring any extra desserts because there are soo many at Goofys' but our server brought out 3 cupcakes(on her own!!)with candles and everyone in our area(the rounded room on the left side)sang to the kids, the kids thought it was great! The kids had such a blast together we're thinking of making it an annual thing.

For my son's "personal celebration" on his birthday day, we let him choose the restaurant, he chose Blue Bayou(kid's got good taste!!)and we ordered him a birthday bucket, he had also thought he had received all his present but his "big one" we gave him there, Disney Dollars! He had SUCH a blast!! It was even more fun because he was wearing his Prince Phillip Costume and birthday sticker and getting so much attention, add that to the fact that Mickey came up to HIM on our way out of the park last night and took a "birthday picture" he was in 6 year old Heaven!

Oh oh and on the monorail, the driver saw that it was his birthday when we asked to sit in the back and he sang Happy Birthday to my son over the loudspeaker as we pulled into the DTD station! AWESOME birthday :love:

Thanks for sharing that great story! That is what Disney is all about, and I love to hear that the magic still happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter