Has Anyone Else Been Sick for Weeks?

Pink Partridge

DIS Veteran
Head cold gone rogue. Coughing, sneezing, stuffed (yet nose runs without warning). Expelling bright green gunk.

Then a curveball. Feel great one day. Next day, back to exhausted feeling and head/chest clogged all over again.

It's neverending. Everyone at work is also hacking and sniffing for what seems weeks now.

Make it stop!

I had my first “real” cold a couple weeks ago since May 2020. Felt horrible with fevers for 2 days, pretty tired for another 2 then nearly normal since except lingering cough! Flu A has been going around my nursing homes and this has been the pattern. Of course now trees are blooming here in SWMO so allergy season is in high gear!
Hope you feel better soon! I’d forgotten how miserable colds are :(

Yes, it's run through my house. My daughter got it first and this child rarely gets sick. After 1 1\2 weeks she felt better. My husband got it while my daughter was sick and is only just over it. Me, I still have the cough. I never realized just how much a nose could run...blech.

It’s the cough for me. Had it for months.

They had on the news a couple weeks ago about this cough , people have it for 90 to 100 days . It’s crazy ,like you I think oh it’s gone or better and than I have a day of coughing.

I’m so sorry you’re unwell. It sounds terrible. I do think there is some nasty virus going around. I have 2 friends that got so sick their voices were unrecognizable. I’ve managed to avoid it (*knock wood*). I hope you shake it too. It might be worthwhile to get a chest X-ray to rule out pneumonia. The one time I was sick, felt better, and then sick again was because I had pneumonia.

I had something back in the early part of January. I don't know for sure what it was. I was negative for flu a/b, and covid. I had a 103 fever, along with cough, aches and just generally feeling terrible. Here it is like 2 months later and I still have a bit of a cough. If I Iaugh at anything, I am pretty much guaranteed it will be followed up with a terrible coughing fit.

Not recently. But once I had this issue where it was just nagging for weeks and I went to a doctor. Said it was just a cold and I probably wasn't infectious any more. However, I was still wheezing and coughing. A NP gave me prescriptions for a cough suppressant and an inhaler. Said that the healing process was being inhibited by all the coughing and wheezing.

I did feel bad about using the inhaler since it used CFCs. I think it was albuterol. Later on a doctor said I needed an inhaler but the use of CFCs was banned in the US. So I got some sort of sample inhaler for free where the manufacturer had some sort of patent right to a new type of inhaler. It was a combination with a steroid, but the doctor said it was pretty mild.

I think the patent protection for that technology has expired by now.

My DH caught a cold in Magic Kingdom on December 2 and had the cough until at least February 2nd. Fortunately for me, I never caught it. He tested negative several times for COVID so not sure what it was but it seemed like everyone was coughing in WDW.

Head cold gone rogue. Coughing, sneezing, stuffed (yet nose runs without warning). Expelling bright green gunk.

Then a curveball. Feel great one day. Next day, back to exhausted feeling and head/chest clogged all over again.

It's neverending. Everyone at work is also hacking and sniffing for what seems weeks now.

Make it stop!

It sounds like you have a sinus infection.

I am just getting over 3 day cold. I have never sneezed this much in my life. Had worse coughs, worse throat, but I had to sneeze easily 200 times in last three days.

I had a sinus infection that lasted 35 days, I did 3 rounds of antibiotics before I was able to get over it. I was starting to think if I would always feel sick.

I think you have a sinus infection. I had that last year after a cold and it was exactly has you described. The up and down of feeling well then not was hallmark. I ended up going to the CVS Minute Clinic and getting 7 days worth of Amoxicillan. Fixed me right up. I was worried it wouldn't be enough, but it did it. I hate to take antibiotics but sometimes they are needed.

yep seem like since we came back from Disney in October somebody in the house has been sick. First son hacking and yacking for a couple weeks then the wife and I. All back to back . Not sure what son had but ours turned out to be acute bronchitis

Yup! I got it the first time around Christmas. Negative for Coivd. A lot of congestion (head and chest). It went away after a couple of weeks, but came back in January. Felt good for a few weeks and it started again a week or so ago. The head congestion is now gone and now have just a lingering cough.

I don't think I've ever bought this much cold and cough medicine than I have the last few months.

It is very persistent this year. Not myself, but so many colleagues who have colds or just not feeling 100% for weeks.
Over the past two weeks, 6 different members of my staff have been out for a day or two with colds. I've finally got it myself and while it's just a run-of-the-mill cold, I'm miserable. :( I sure hope it doesn't linger for weeks and my sympathy is with anybody who is experiencing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter