Has anyone ever successfully used their AP for 10% discounts at Spencers??? (long)

fervour

Mouseketeer
Hi all, it's been a long time since I've posted ---but I have certainly enjoyed reading all of your posts. I read them almost every day!

On the cards that describe benefits to annual pass holders, Universal lists a 10% discount to Spencer Gifts as a benefit. In the few times that I have been to Spencer Gifts, the store seems almost completely unaware that they are even affiliated with Universal Studios even though "A Universal Studios Company" appears under their name. I am aware that the card says in fine print, "Special discounts subject to change without notice". But even today, I have found this benefit listed on at least one official Universal annual pass benefits webpage.

Has anyone had success with this benefit??????

I know this sounds unbelievable, but today when I attempted to get this benefit, a Spencers Gift Store Manager said to me ". . .If you want, we can settle this outside after six." I assumed he wanted to fight over it. I told him I didn't want to fight him. (I mean is $2.48 really worth fighting over?)

Admittedly I had been firm in my insistance that the manager check into the benefit, but we had not exchanged any curse words or even raised our voices.

A year ago, I had attempted to buy Universal Studios tickets at this particular Spencers Gift Store and they had been totally dis-interested. I just thought at that point, "hmmmm, oh well". Back then the Universal Studios website had listed Spencers as a point of purchase for Universal Studios tickets. I can no longer find Spencers listed as such. Is Universal Studios still touting their affiliation with Spencers? Or is Universal trying to play down the fact that they are the parent company?

I am sincerely puzzled over this. Really. Help me out please. Has anyone used this benefit? I am going to call US tomorrow to see if it is still a benefit but I do wonder if anyone has received this benefit in the past year. Thanks

I've never gotten or tried to get the discount, in fact, I wasn't even aware of it until after I had purchased a disco strobe light last August...:rolleyes:

That said, it IS listed on the AP sleeve that I have...and it's a fairly recent one.
My guess is that the further away from the FL Spencers, the more obscure the use of that particular discount becomes...

The manager offering to settle it outside is definitely odd...but then, he was probably a teenager! ;)

I would call the passholder hotline at 1-800-564-5764 to check on it.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter