Has anyone ever used photolab.ca to print digital photos?

#1 Disney Fan

DIS Veteran
<font color=navy>
Last night I tried to order Photolab's 100 prints for $29 offer.... you put in your credit card info, it gives you a pin number to use to order prints and counts down as you order from your bank of 100 prints. (Photolab is affiliated with (or run by?) Presidents Choice, so I assumed it was reputable.)

Anyway... there were technical issues with the site and it doubled my order and put it through twice and sent me two pin numbers. :eek: Ack... I didn't want to spend $58... only $29.

I was frustrated with how the ordering process messed up and doubled my order, but I figured, if the site worked really well I would use up all the prints eventually and it wouldn't be a big deal. I went to try to upload pictures to the site and it took a realllllllly long time to upload even one picture so I gave up and e-mailed customer service asking for one of the two to be cancelled and refunded, since I had never asked for it. I put a return receipt on the email so I KNOW they read it very early this morning, but they didn't reply all day.

I went to the site again now tonight... but it's down for maintenance! :eek:

The whole purpose of my ordering the $29 set of 100 photos was to order 60 photos for a Christmas present. I need those photos ordered within the next day or so to get them back in time. First of all they doubled my order, then the site was too slow to use/upload pictures to last night, they won't reply to my e-mail today, and now today it's down altogether. At this point I'm out $58 and can't get the photos I need.

I guess I'm maybe hoping that someone has had wonderful experiences with the site and I've just had bad timing with technical issues???? If it's back up tomorrow working fantasic, okay, and maybe I'll let their double order issue slide... but otherwise, I have some serious customer service issues with them. I would have appreciated a note back today seeing as how the only way to contact them is through e-mail.

Any expereince at all with Photolab? :confused: I'd love to hear from anyone else who might have used it.

<font color=navy>

...but wouldn't be too happy if I were you...good luck, and let us know what happens!!:sunny:

I've been using Photolab and have been quite satisfied with their service. When I got back from WDW I sent the same photos to several labs to compare the results and found the Photolab pics to be as good (or better) than the other labs I tested...and definitely the cheapest when you purchase the 100 prints for $29, so I use them for most of my digital printing.

I'm not sure whether you'd get them in time for Christmas though unless you choose to have them mailed to you...which is suppose to be faster than having them delivered to a store of your choice (but costs a dollar or two extra). If I want prints done quickly I go to Black's & use their 1 hour service (100 prints for $44).

I did have a problem with the cropping on 2 pics in one order at Photolab, but I e-mailed them and got a reply back within 24 hrs apologizing and giving me a refund for the prints.

I just tried to get on the site and got the following message:
We're sorry, but this site is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. We are sorry for any inconvenience, please check back shortly.
Hopefully they'll be back up soon. Good luck and be sure to let us know how you make out.

I haven't tried their online service ... I've always burned my digital photos onto a CD and taken them in-store. I have to say that I'm not too impressed with their service. They don't adjust your brightness on your photos so some of them will come out looking very dark. I noticed this after I had some of the same pictures reprinted at Black's. Maybe it's just the location that I went to (Bayview/Hwy 7 -- Thornhhill)....

I like Black's but they're not very cheap :( I've had good results using Futureshop's service, but they did mix up my pictures once (I ended up with someone else's photos).

Let us know how it turns out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter