Has anyone gotten or planning on getting the vaccine solely because of cruising?

Health reasons first. I have not had the cruise itch in awhile (last one was the Member Cruise in May 2019), but I know it will hit me hard when I book the Wish in a few days.

praying that DCL makes it mandatory.

If they don't they will be out of step with all the other major cruise lines (and I believe the CDC requirements) - and begging for an outbreak to happen on their ships as the anti-vaxxers will flock to DCL.

Mainly for travel - figured it would be required to have one - just like getting flu shot and all those others that are good for you - no one wants the alternative !! Now to keep from losing my shot card - had scare yesterday couldn’t find it as I put it where it wouldn’t get lost or damaged - I need to stop doing that - getting too old to tear house apart looking for something !! Found it !
I keep mine with my passport, same as my yellow vaccine card and Global Entry card. Won’t be losing that stuff, since they were such a hassle to get.

If they don't they will be out of step with all the other major cruise lines (and I believe the CDC requirements) - and begging for an outbreak to happen on their ships as the anti-vaxxers will flock to DCL.
None of the cruiselines have said they are going to mandate vaccines out of the US. Florida won’t allow it. Carnival stated yesterday that they don’t want to mandate them. The cdc has not mandated them either.
Everything you posted is false and speculation at this point.

None of the cruiselines have said they are going to mandate vaccines out of the US. Florida won’t allow it. Carnival stated yesterday that they don’t want to mandate them. The cdc has not mandated them either.

What I posted from Celebrity is a direct quote from their website.

I know it is tempting but please lets not turn this into a vaccine thread pt 2....
The title of the thread kind of invites a discussion on vaccines. I get what you're saying though. There's really no point in debating whether we need a vaccinne or not until we hear the cruise lines plans. I know negotiations with the CDC are ongoing and hopefully, we'll hear something soon.

Do you have a link for that Quote?

EDIT: I have made a research and saw an interview John Heald has posted. They may be pleading arguments to the CDC that no other business is required to mandate them and that kids under 12 wouldn’t be allowed to sail but they haven’t said they wouldn’t mandate vaccines if necessary... and if the only way to sail is to require it, I’m 100% certain that they will mandate them.

Last edited:
For those with iPhones, use the Notes app on your phone to scan your vaccination card. This way you won’t have to look thru tons of photos to find it. You can set and name a new folder in notes just for your card to make it easy if you have other notes already in the app.

The title of the thread kind of invites a discussion on vaccines.

No, the title of the thread is asking people who have already been vaccinated or they plan on getting the vaccine, if cruising was a factor in their decision. Anyone who is against the vaccine, for whatever their personal reasons are, should not be offering their opinion in this particular thread. It is not a vaccine discussion thread. It is clearly asking a question to a portion of the population that are not 100% against the vaccine.

No, the title of the thread is asking people who have already been vaccinated or they plan on getting the vaccine, if cruising was a factor in their decision. Anyone who is against the vaccine, for whatever their personal reasons are, should not be offering their opinion in this particular thread. It is not a vaccine discussion thread. It is clearly asking a question to a portion of the population that are not 100% against the vaccine.
What I'm not allowed to say I haven't gotten the vaccine for a cruise because as far as I know they aren't required. I guess you are entitled to interpret that statement however you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter