Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Good to hear things seem to be some what predictable now. I can be on top of things and check right on the dot... it was just really hard last time when it might be 9:32am that they were loaded, etc

I noticed some earlier this week that were available at around 7:45-8 here on the East Coast. What really surprised me was last Saturday I was able to book Blue Bayou reservations at 9:15ish (eastern) and then Sunday I was able to get Blue Bayou, Ogas and Trader Sams at around the same time. I forgot about it and remembered on the golf course so I sat in the middle of the fairway for about 5 minutes snagging whatever I could. Once I had all three for the Thursday (9/28) I went back in and canceled the BB reservation for Wednesday 9/27. I was really surprised to see any of them available because when we went two years ago it was really hard to get any reservations anywhere.

What time are reservations opening if you are staying on site? Or are those all over the place. I'm not trying to book anything too hard, but i'll probably get up early anyway.

I don't think there is any perk to being on site. They all open 60 days out at 6am (at least it sounds like now it's back to that system)
I'm not sure whether or not it was tied to having an on site reservation, but there have been many times when reservations opened up early, sometimes by 3 or so hours. It's hit or miss, though.

So, is it ever possible to get Trader Sam's, or is it just some kind or sick joke or psych experiment? 🤣

I got it for 4pm during my trip coming up.

In Feb 2022 during Presidents' Week I got it using the walk-up waitlist in the app.

It's so random anymore it's silly.
I remember waking up so early to make sure I got exactly what I needed. That ship has sailed.
It's no longer that serious. Stuff opens up all the time. New times are added whenever.
I've walked up and been seated at Blue Bayou. Same with Lamplight Lounge.
I just don't sweat about it anymore. I book what I can, and leave the rest. It always seems to work out.
I refuse to get all worked up about it. It literally works out.

I actually had good luck today with everything populating at 6am... I forgot what I was trying to book and snagged a Blue Bayou instead of an Oga's though... stupid me. But, I've got six more days that will open up and hopefully I can snag one for it.

I haven't seen any new display with the dining res system yet though... still a clunky system at times (like for some reason I can't book via an iPhone, the booking button just doesn't press... same with hotel reservation). I can use the iOS app though... but I don't think you can search specifically to one location.

I think I'll probably get the opportunity for most or everything I want. Trader Sam's might be the hardest wild card... but maybe mid week I'll have better luck...

Have Minnies breakfast reservations been going quick lately? I've been looking the last week or so and am not seeing anything for Plaza Inn. I'm going with a group of nine in December and am not looking forward to reservations. I went with a group of nine October 2021 and it was awful getting our reservations. I had to log in under two profiles and make reservations for two smaller groups each morning. This trip we are doing way fewer table service restaurants but I'm kind of still dreading it.

I grabbed a 7pm for 4 at trader sam's (oops edited). I practiced the day before. It definitely books out in 30 seconds or less. Kinda loco.

Last edited:
I was able to book before 6am today. Booked a reservation for October 9th at about 5:56am. I didn't check any earlier. Staying on-site. Yesterday I wasn't able to until 6 on the dot.

Any current issues to know about with dining? I need Goofy's Kitchen for 10 people for our upcoming trip. I still have a month before I can book but dining stresses me out so much. We're doing three sit down meals is all and I really want to make sure I get them.

I don’t know, but Goofy’s Kitchen called me about my upcoming reservation today, the number I called to talk to them isn’t working. Not sure what to do. They just said there was a glitch with their system and asked me to call them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter