Has anyone heard of...

2morrow

Mouseketeer
We will be flying out of Indianapolis for my ds MAW trip. We have just heard that the airline we will be flying on is called Airtran or Airtram? has anyone heard of this airline? I have never heard of it, our MAW office said they have just started using this airline for it's MAW families and have been wonderful to work with. I hope so, anyone who has flown this airline before can you tell me how their service is?! Thanks

It's Airtran. We have flown them in the past and they were just fine.
Here's a link to their website.
We made the reservations for my niece and her DD to go to Florida soon and chose to use Airtran.

Thanks for their website, that gives me an idea on their policies with wheelchair boarding and arrivals times, etc. ::MickeyMo

We've used them for our past 2 WDW trips & everything went very well ~ no problems at all. Hope you have a great trip!

We've used them a few times and never had a problem. And we'll be flying them again for our trip in July. I think there based in Atlanta--so they must have lots of flights into Orlando.

We've flown them 8 or 9 times with our ASD DS and they have always been great to him. They are one of the low cost airlines but I don't feel they treat passengers any differently that one of the more expensive carriers.

I'm not sure how it would be handled since you are going thru MAW, but they have a business class section & every time we are able to (when there are available seats) we pay $35/seat at the airport at check-in and are put in business class for the extra $$$. Sometimes it is available & sometimes it isn't. Just makes for a little more relaxtion on our trip to WDW or back.

One thing that has happened alot with Airtran lately is their flight schedules have been changing. They've recently added new cities and that shook things up a bit. People on the Transportation Board here have a lot to say about that and I just wanted to mention it in case you venture over there. Mostly it is cancelling a flight and re-scheduling it for a different time that day or changing flight times. They will notify you if you flight time changes but it appears that their schedules are pretty well set.

A mom in our support group with a severly autistic son said they have a special assistance coordinator who will help to make sure you have help (if needed) when boarding, inbetween gates, etc... I had not heard of it before but perhaps that would be a good resource if you need it.

Thanks Karen for that info. After reading the post about airtran on the transportation board, I'm a little bit nervous now.I can't believe they can just change people's flights like that. When my ds wish cordinators told me we would be flying airtran and that we would be having lay overs in Atlanta, I was not happy, we have flown before with our children and made sure we had a direct flight to our distination so that it would be easier for all of us to get on and off the plane. We have my ds in a wheelchair and take his walker also. It is so hard for me not to be planning this trip for us, and leaving it up to someone else to do it for me. They told me not to worry and to relax b/c that is what this trip is all about, but we have been waiting for a year for my ds wish trip, and I keep hearing about all of this stuff about airtran, I can't help it. I keep telling myself it will all work out and deep down I know it will, getting there will be our biggest issue, but once we get there we will have a magical time!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter