Has anyone just gone "home" and just vegged out and not done the parks??

Although we have not done this for a full trip we usually plan one or two non park days. Our last trip we stayed at OKW and on nour non park days we rented bikes, spent time at the pool and rented a boat and cruised around.

In the next month or two I would like to take a trip just by myself to chill out and relax. No parks, just kick back and relax. The last three+ weeks I have been catching one cold or flu after another (still sick and slept all day today bah!) and a few days away from everyone once I get better would be SO welcome!

This past August my 11 y/o niece and I spent 8 days at BWV ( I picked her up from 7 days at pop from family ) and we only spent 3 half days in the parks. the rest of the time was by the pool , downtown , by the pool , downtown and oh yeah by the pool !

It was so RELAXING !!!!

Just curious. We are big time disney park go'ers but the kids get breaks at the usual HIGH CROWD times, ,summer, easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I wonder what it is like to go to SSR or any DVC resort and not really do the park thing or maybe just hit a couple. We are so spoiled at going in NOv .and Jan. when the crowds are so much more manageable that I wonder if we would freak out going peak times. Just curious my fellow DVC friends. ;)

Some of the most relaxing vacations we have had.
Paula

We have 2 trips planned at busy times, something we've NEVER done before (always gone at off times before). We are planning to do very little in the parks, except water parks. Our kids love the parks, and we do too, but they also love the pools, DisneyQuest, the pools, DVC community halls, the pools...you get the pic. ;) DH loves to hang by the pool and make friends with the bartender, and I like to sneak off and shop a bit!

We have APs, so I'm sure we'll hit highlights of each park in the A.M. and EMH. But none of us like to wait in lines - when it gets busy, they beg to go back and swim! The most fun vacations have been since we started listening to them and doing just that - they are not as tired and grumpy, and we all get a needed break!

Just curious. We are big time disney park go'ers but the kids get breaks at the usual HIGH CROWD times, ,summer, easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I wonder what it is like to go to SSR or any DVC resort and not really do the park thing or maybe just hit a couple. We are so spoiled at going in NOv .and Jan. when the crowds are so much more manageable that I wonder if we would freak out going peak times. Just curious my fellow DVC friends. ;)

We just did that last Dec. We did go to Universal though. We spent 5 days in WDW and only went to the parks once. The rest was just relaxation.

Looking forward to doing this in 2 weeks. We are stuck going during Presidents Week due to a trade show that my husband needs to attend.

I can't stand the parks during those peak times, so we will probably spend most of our time hanging out at the resort. However, we do have annual passes, so we will probably sneak into the park for some of the fireworks.

We do this all the time at Old Key West. That's why they have Hank's for the kids and a jacuzzi for the adults, isn't it?

Waiting for the AKV to be built and ready to inhabit and then DH and I will be doing a long weekend of this sort. Three nights, just the two of us, watching animals from our balcony, laying by the pool, staying at the Adventurer's Club until the wee hours, sounds like heaven.

We start out with dinner and drinks at Raglan Road, then it's off to either the adventurers club or the beach club. There is so much more to do than just the parks. Take in sunday football at ESPN club on the Boardwalk, that works for us.

Nope, we haven't done that and probably won't plan to. The more busy it is, the earlier we get up. So during Christmas week, we arrived at MK at 7am and left by 11am. The crowds were virtually identical to January at 9am. Of course, by 11am it was a different story... :scared1:

Then it is time to rest, lounge, and swim. If you want to go back to the parks, fine. If not, just as fine...

In the summer, do the same thing except get to the parks at 9am and leave by 12:30pm.

TourGuide Mike rocks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter