Has anyone moved to Australia from the US?

There is also the option of a Murray or Greyhound bus, that picks up at the airport and drops you in the Canberra City. A lot cheaper than the train, and better that you arrive directly in the city.

Thank you! :goodvibes
I think you are all right ... flying into Caberra would be a lot faster! I am so glad to hear good things about V-Australia :)

It'll be a breeze! Canberra is only about a 45 min flight and the airport is nice and easy to manouvre. Quick to get out.

Oh I am a very late poster - having just seen this thread.
but I too am another Disney loving Canberra dweller (having left Sydney 6 years ago)
Welcome to our Bush Capital!! (gee they need a kangaroo smilie!)
Congratulations on your course :goodvibes

Oh I am a very late poster - having just seen this thread.
but I too am another Disney loving Canberra dweller (having left Sydney 6 years ago)
Welcome to our Bush Capital!! (gee they need a kangaroo smilie!)
Congratulations on your course :goodvibes

Thank you! We cannot wait!
It is rather exciting, I paid my first deposit yesterday to the University :goodvibes
Also booked my DL trip for January!

I would love that!
Our dates ate the 4th through the 9th (leaving the morning of the 9th) I believe. We have that Saturday (8th) in common if that is not too early in your holiday :goodvibes

We fly in on the 8th, so wouldn't be at the parks until early afternoon (best guess). We're having dinner at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ aroiund 5:30pm that night, so if you are in the vicinity, come look for the blonde woman with short hair (me), the female brunette (almost undoubtedly wearing black - my sister), and the tall 8 year old girl with brown hair. We'll be the ones who look exhausted but happy!!!

I think Big Thunder Ranch BBQ would be a lovely dinner for Saturday evening! I will try to get reservations (do you need them?).
My husband is rather easy to spot in a crowd. He is a little over 6 feet tall and bald! I blend much easier with brown hair that is medium length. My 5 year old son has short brown hair and my 3 year old son has very light blond hair with blue eyes.
I will keep an eye out for you! :goodvibes

We have made reservations, not sure how necessary they would be? I'll keep my eye out for you too, provided the flight hasn't fried my brain!

gee Cheshire - I think your arrival may be prompting a Canberra DISers meet!
Even though I haven't met any of you, I feel pretty sure you all would be the only other people with antenna toppers:thumbsup2 (mine is Stitch)
I stopped a woman at Epic Markets yesterday wondering if she was a DISer and it turned out her grandkids gave it to her and she knew nothing:confused3

Sugarglider, how did that make you feel? :rotfl: Now I'm not from Canberra, but I'm only a 2hr 15 min drive away, so I could come too :banana: Or we could have a Sydney meet-up and you could come (something Aussiegirls and I want to do inbetween our trips).

Sugarglider, how did that make you feel? :rotfl: Now I'm not from Canberra, but I'm only a 2hr 15 min drive away, so I could come too :banana: Or we could have a Sydney meet-up and you could come (something Aussiegirls and I want to do inbetween our trips).

WOOHOO for the Sydney DISmeet :banana::banana::banana:

xxx

gee Cheshire - I think your arrival may be prompting a Canberra DISers meet!
Even though I haven't met any of you, I feel pretty sure you all would be the only other people with antenna toppers:thumbsup2 (mine is Stitch)
I stopped a woman at Epic Markets yesterday wondering if she was a DISer and it turned out her grandkids gave it to her and she knew nothing:confused3

Ah, I was at Epic markets on Saturday and did not see any antenna toppers:( I probably would have asked the same question.

Oh my ... we will need NEW antenna toppers! Mine is lovely, but well worn (and in need of replacing). A move calls for a new antenna topper, don't you think? ;)

Oh my ... we will need NEW antenna toppers! Mine is lovely, but well worn (and in need of replacing). A move calls for a new antenna topper, don't you think? ;)

Absolutely! The more colourful, the better :teeth:

Heidispidi, made our reservations for 5:30. See you there! have a wonderful Christmas and a safe flight! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter