• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone recently booked the 2018DVC Member Cruise? 100 days away!Sold out!

Are DVC cruises cheaper than normal Disney cruises? I seem to remember it would cost like $13k for a week in the Bahamas for a family of 5 pol. This is crazy expensive in my opinion... Haven't looked up how many points it takes to cruise since my points haven't landed in my account yet from buying resale.

The member cruise is more expensive than what it would be if just a normal DCL itinerary.

Are DVC cruises cheaper than normal Disney cruises? I seem to remember it would cost like $13k for a week in the Bahamas for a family of 5 pol. This is crazy expensive in my opinion... Haven't looked up how many points it takes to cruise since my points haven't landed in my account yet from buying resale.
Also (and the experts can correct me if I'm wrong here), if purchased on or after March 21, 2011, only direct points can be applied to (and make one eligible for) member cruises, though you can pay for the cruise fully or partly in cash.

Also (and the experts can correct me if I'm wrong here), if purchased on or after March 21, 2011, only direct points can be applied to (and make one eligible for) member cruises, though you can pay for the cruise fully or partly in cash.

Correct that resale purchased after March 21, 2011 cannot be used towards the Disney collection - which includes DCL and Member Cruises. There's one other part though - in order to go on the member cruise you must own some qualified points - even if you are going to pay cash. I'd assume that means that for those who purchased after Feb 25, 2018 that you must now own 75 points direct to be able to book on the member cruise. Prior to that it was ownership of at least 25 qualified points or to have been grandfathered in with a resale purchase prior to March 21, 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter