has anyone used informed delivery from the post office

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Ive been hearing about this service for a little while now since our mail box is by the road and not near the house

it would be nice just to look on line and if we didnt get any mail I wouldnt have to run out to check

just wondering how this exactly works and what are the pros and cons
thanks

great thanks for the replies I think Ill sign up for it tomorrow
after you sign up does it start then the next day or does it take a few days
to get started

great thanks for the replies I think Ill sign up for it tomorrow
after you sign up does it start then the next day or does it take a few days
to get started
took me a few days, but it was in conjunction with an address change so I'm guessing that was more complicated for them.

Dad and I use it daily. I especially appreciate that it right now as I am working on a mail surprise for him. Plus, with mail, at times, being iffy, it can be very handy to have an idea of what is expected. There are days when there are extras not shown. Also, as an FYI, magazines or packages through the amil often show up as, "there is no image for this mail piece." Give it a try and see what you think :)

Ive been hearing about this service for a little while now since our mail box is by the road and not near the house

it would be nice just to look on line and if we didnt get any mail I wouldnt have to run out to check

just wondering how this exactly works and what are the pros and cons
thanks

If you’re getting any mail, you get an email. It shows a picture of the front of the envelope. Our mail comes late afternoon. I like knowing if we’re getting anything, if not I know I don’t have to bother checking. When we have a hold while we’re on vacation, it still sends the email. So I even know what’s coming while we’re on vacation.

Just tells you what mail you are getting that day
Well, in theory, it's the mail that's arriving "today". But not always. We've had times it took up to 2-3 days for something on informed delivery to actually show up in our mail box. We travel a lot and it's nice to be able to keep an eye on what's arriving.

It's nice to be aware if something sensitive is supposed to be delivered and doesn't arrive.

Last edited:
The fine print at the bottom of the email does warn that mail may not arrive that day:

“Mail may arrive several days after you receive this notification. Please allow up to a week for delivery before reporting missing mail. Report missing mail

Plus the heading of the email says:

“COMING TO YOUR MAILBOX SOON.”

So it is possible you won’t get everything that day. But I think it’s only happened to us once or twice.

Thanks for the tip on getting an email for what mail is coming I thought I’d have to check the USPS website

I use it because I'm away from home regularly and I can easily see if something may need my attention sooner than when I get back. I can't think of any cons.

Certain government things are restricted and may not show, even in the you have mail that didn't scan section. I believe our ballots and IRS checks don't. Regular IRS mail does, but not Dept of Treasury checks.

Another one who has used it for a few years, and don't find any cons with it. I don't have to walk across the street to the mailbox everyday if there's nothing showing. As someone else said, once in awhile something won't show up until a day or 2 later. There's also a place to put a checkmark if you don't receive something that is showing it's supposed to arrive.

Never used it but honestly the volume of mail is down from what it used to be 5-10 yrs ago. Every bill used to come in the mail where now you can pay online or setup auto bill pay. Mostly junk mail now and I really don't care when it arrives. If I order something online, the seller provides tracking for that item even when the post office is the party who eventually delivers it.

When going on vacation/out of town, you can simply submit a hold mail request online with the post office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter