Has anyone used one of the Gatwick lounges on spec?

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
We want to use one of the Gatwick lounges, but we don't want to book in advance in case we get a complimentary pass (like we did last July) from Virgin. Has anyone just turned up and paid to use one?

We booked a fly-drive with Virgin Holidays in Premium Economy. The complimentary pass was courtesy of Virgin <i>Holidays</i> so I'm not sure that we'll get one again this year having booked flights only with Virgin Atlantic, but I'd hate to pay and then find when we check in that we have got complimentary access.

I have heard - relieable source - of PE passengers being offered Virgin Clubhouse entrance for a small fee (about £20/25) at check-in. This is well worth it (you can eat breakfast there at get a free facial/massage/haircut) if it is offered to you. The Virgin Clubhouse is beautiful (bar, beauty salon, TV room, library, Nintendo room, computer room with internet PCs, lots of seating, WCs and showers, good view of planes and very close to the gates).

I don't know if this is a frequent occurence - it may be very rare - but if you get the option, take it ;-).

Boo

Thanks for that info, Boo. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

i've got no chance of being offered it then.....

there's 10 adults and a 7 month old baby travelling in cattle class !

never mind eh
;)

Neilybealy, by the time most people have checked-in and bought their magazines, books and sweets for the flight (and looked around some of the other nice shops at Gatwick), there often isn't much time to spend in a lounge anyway. If I don't get lounge access included with my flights, then I don't buy it seperately. If I do get it, I tend to use it. The Virgin Clubhouses are pretty exceptional lounges (although BA, and some other airlines, also have excpetional lounges) - most are pretty boring and just provide you with quieter (although not always!) seating, free drinks and a few bowls of nuts.

Boo

yep, I won't be too bothered - like you say it makes the time pass so much quicker having a look round the shops and having a pint !

Went PE last month with Virgin and got complimentary use of the Clubhouse although this may be because we are Frequent Virgins, does anyone know the answer??
Claire :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter