Has the BC been refurbished lately?

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Our family would like to stay at the BC for something different(for we always stay at the BWI) but would like to know if it's been updated/refurbished lately. I have a thing about old hotels and like staying at newer ones. Also, if we would decide to stay at the Animal kingdom Lodge, what is our best bet for a room that comfortably fits 5 people. How is the transportation there too? Thank you in advance!

All of the rooms at the BC have been updated as of 2003. I have pix of the updated BC rooms here:

Misti's Pix

If you stay at the AKL, the only room types (other than suites) that would accomodate five guests would be the Deluxe rooms. The standard rooms only accomodate 4 guests plus a baby under age 3 in a crib.

Hope that helps! :)

Misti-thanks for the pics-they are great!! What room view and room did you have? Did you make any special requests and were they granted? What do you recommend?

Originally posted by mom_rules
Misti-thanks for the pics-they are great!! What room view and room did you have? Did you make any special requests and were they granted? What do you recommend?

Glad you liked the pix! :) The new room pictures were taken in a Standard view room located on the second floor of the resort. I also have more pix for you:

Misti's Pix

There are pix of the lobby, grounds, etc. The room pix in this gallery are of the "old" room decor though.

I'd recommend requesting a full balcony. Many rooms only have small "standing room only" balconies. My favorite standard view rooms overlook the woods, with Epcot in the distance.

Happy Planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter