Has WDW ever done, or do they do, anything at all for May Day May 1st?

4orm

DIS Veteran
I love May poles and the summer like celebration, but I know May Day isn't big in the US at all as it is in Europe.

In the US, celebrating May Day went out of style during the Cold War, and it has never rebounded. Too much association with the Communist Party. (They used to always broadcast photos of the USSR celebration on the news, to remind us of how evil the Communists were.)

Children in school sometimes do celebrate it in the traditional sense, with May baskets and all, especially at traditional girls' schools. However, events for adults are pretty much nonexistant.
To my knowledge, Disney doesn't do anything special in the way of May Day events; it is just another day like any other.

Oh my! I didn't realize! I'm totally ingnorant!
To me May Day is all flowers and dancing about a may pole eating honey!

A few years ago, there was a maypole ceremony at UK, but that was a guest group who came in and not something Disney had developed or put together.

Past that, though, there are no May Day celebrations.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter