Hauling golf clubs to WDW

My brother rented clubs because he didn't want to chance the airline damaging or losing his clubs. My brother told me that he was happy that he rented the clubs, because it was one less hassle with packing. He wasn't playing competitive golf and so not having his clubs wasn't a big deal to him.

I've flown with my clubs many times. Never had an issue with damage.

I like Southwest because a golf bag counts as one of your freebies.

For the average golfer, rental clubs are more than fine. I imagine if you were a scratch golfer you wouldn't even be asking these questions.

They most likely have the latest and best and it gives you a chance to try something else. Just pack your glove, shoes and some balls.

I remember the old days when they just had Palm & Magnolia, when you checked into your resort they would send your clubs over to the clubhouse and keep them there for your duration.

Son and I are playing LBV when we go down at the end of the month, and this thread is exactly what I've been looking for. Since the wife and I are driving, I'll toss my clubs in the back of the car, but my son's been debating about bringing his clubs or renting since he's flying in from a different state. He's very much a novice, and I'm betting that he's gonna rent simply because of the price difference in checking the clubs and renting. He's also in the market for a new driver so this will give him a chance to test out a different model that he currently has. We're really looking forward to it for sure as it will be our first time on any of the Disney courses. Now that I've started playing again, I'm definitely going to hit a course every time that we come down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter