Haunted Mansion closed in Jan 2024?

Also, I think Disneyland has allocated the money for the HM and the budget will be spread out over almost 6 months for business/tax purposes. Disneyland will hire numerous teams of contractors for HM....this is not a simultaneous project with WDW Tiana. Disneyland currently has many contractor teams at the Resort.

Eh, they have proved that they will get the least amount of cast members possible for something. It stands to reason that they will do the same for construction. Specially considering they are supposedly using at least some of WDW Tiana's crew to build the DLR one. If they can't get 2 crews to build in 2 states, why would they get 2 crews to build just HM?

Now, do I hope they get a hundred construction workers and it's all build in a few months? Yes of course! I am just not very inclined to believe they will spend the money for it 😅
Construction expenditures and employment expenditure are separate financial allocations and impact different budgets and revenue streams. Construction workers/contractors are often not Disney employees. The amount of work being done really demands more than 1 crew working together.

Construction expenditures and employment expenditure are separate financial allocations and impact different budgets and revenue streams. Construction workers/contractors are often not Disney employees. The amount of work being done really demands more than 1 crew working together.
I agree with you, but this is disney....

I have not seen or heard anything concrete from Disney. ALL speculation from everyone at this point. I guess based on construction history and budgets plus refurb calendar, people think it will take 6+ months.
I’d be good with that time frame. Wasn’t aware of the big anniversary coinciding with D23 start this year, interesting.

enjoying the informative discussion as to the predictions, thanks

so many bloggers have chimed in thus far, most I’ve read are leaning to it being completed by August. assume they are going on spidey senses vs inside knowledge.

Know when I’ve opened up walls in my own house, it never goes as planned…takes longer & costs more money lol

just maybe, DL will toss out some bread crumbs late spring/early summer as to an anticipated completion date. makes me nervous to wait to firm up this trip a few months out though.

I’d be good with that time frame. Wasn’t aware of the big anniversary coinciding with D23 start this year, interesting.

enjoying the informative discussion as to the predictions, thanks

so many bloggers have chimed in thus far, most I’ve read are leaning to it being completed by August. assume they are going on spidey senses vs inside knowledge.

Know when I’ve opened up walls in my own house, it never goes as planned…takes longer & costs more money lol

just maybe, DL will toss out some bread crumbs late spring/early summer as to an anticipated completion date. makes me nervous to wait to firm up this trip a few months out though.
Agree with you. Construction never goes smoothly.
Initially I was planning a late July/early August trip next year. Now I am thinking late August for my birthday and so I can see HMH. I have not been to DL during Halloween Time since October 2026 so I think it is time and I definitely know Haunted Mansion will be open as the Holiday Version.

I have not been to DL during Halloween Time since October 2026 so I think it is time and I definitely know Haunted Mansion will be open as the Holiday Version.
We’ve only done DL once during haunt season.

I tried to catch it in 2018 on a family girl’s trip End of august. it was “down” for overlay installation. We already had NR trip components in place. They were quite disappointed to not get to see it. really don’t want to build up expectations again & then, poof

We’ve only done DL once during haunt season.

I tried to catch it in 2018 on a family girl’s trip End of august. it was “down” for overlay installation. We already had NR trip components in place. They were quite disappointed to not get to see it. really don’t want to build up expectations again & then, poof
It has been since 2016 for me to see HMH. I think HMH will be running starting on 8/23. So if you are planning for mid Sept. I think you should be OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter