• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have we ever done a book exchange?

Shugardrawers

<font color=teal><b>Ovarian Cancer Survivor!<br><f
I buy so many hardback and paper back books. After I read them they just sit on the bookshelf taking up space until I finally donate them to goodwill. I'm just wondering if anyone else would be interested in starting a book exchange?

Here's how I would work it
List the books you have that you'd like to trade. When you find one on the list you are interested in, pm the poster and give them your address. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the sender with the understanding that it all evens out in the end when someone sends you a book. What do you guys all think?

Not to diminish your idea of a book exchange because I LOVE IT but I wanted to mention that there is a website devoted to this idea. It's called Bookcrossing

It's a great site to visit and exchange books. If you look me up (username is the same - I'm not very imaginative) you'll see what books I have listed as "available" and I would be MORE than glad to send them off to you if you're interested!

Have fun with the exchange idea! Let me know if you post it on the Exchange Board and I'll come check it out!!! :thumbsup2

There have been 2 book exchanges. Papa Duce did one and kirby did one.

vsimeone said:
Not to diminish your idea of a book exchange because I LOVE IT but I wanted to mention that there is a website devoted to this idea. It's called Bookcrossing

It's a great site to visit and exchange books. If you look me up (username is the same - I'm not very imaginative) you'll see what books I have listed as "available" and I would be MORE than glad to send them off to you if you're interested!

Have fun with the exchange idea! Let me know if you post it on the Exchange Board and I'll come check it out!!! :thumbsup2

I knew I had heard of the idea, I just didn't know where on the web to find it. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yes, Kirby does the used book exchange.
I think she has another planned for later this summer.

I have quite a few current bestseller hardbacks that I would love to exchange. They are just collecting dust.

I just thought I'd throw in the fact that you can mail books using Media Mail rates, which are reasonable--a paperback would cost about $1.52 to mail. The drawback is that it can take a while for Media mail to reach someone.

Have you thought about trading them in at your local used book stores?
Like Half Price books or any you others you have locally.
They give you credit towards buying more there.
I live in a small town and even we have 2 ::yes::

I have zillions of great books also, I took some to the goodwill the other day, but I got plenty.

I am a librophile, I have a hard time giving up my books, it's like they're good friends, you know what I mean? that's why when I moved from Florida to cali, I had 6 boxes of books. When I moved BACK to florida, After having worked in a book store for a year...*chuckles* I had 10 boxes of books. So I'd be HAPPY to exchange with others, and see what you all are reading.

For some reason I though hers didn't pan out
Rajah's did but there was another DISer (can't remember her name) that tried to put one together but she wasn't successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter