Have you ever “used” the DVC travel insurance?

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
I am wondering how insurance protects your points? Or, does it only protect things related to traveling there, loss of luggage, injury, etc.

They refund you the amount of the Dues that you paid for the points that you can't use for a covered reason.

If done mind wanted to ask another question about the insurance as well. Do both members need to buy their own policy or is one sufficient?

If done mind wanted to ask another question about the insurance as well. Do both members need to buy their own policy or is one sufficient?

It covers the UY of the points used, and the guests on that reservation.

Years ago (I believe it was 2014) my husband was hospitalized and we had to cancel our trip. There was a rather long form for our doctor to fill out for Travelex but our kind doctor did not balk. We were reimbursed for 2 first class plane tickets when we had to cancel that trip. I don't remember submitting a claim for the points used for our Disney room--I think we scheduled a trip for someone in our family to use the holding points. Travelex also covers for damage to a rental car--and it is primary. I am always nervous about accidents while renting a car.
One thing I really like about this Travelex policy is that exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions are waived if you buy the policy every year as soon as maintenance fees are due in January.

Insurance, most all insurance is a losing proposition…
Unless you need it. Insurance companies make money on insurance, so that tells you something.

The only guaranteed insurance pay out is life insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter