Have You Ever Gotten Sick From a Disney Restaurant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcotPhoenician

Thank the Phoenicians
I've always trusted Disney's culinary cast members, and I personally have never had an issue with any of the dining options (quick service or table service) on property. I'm curious to hear whether anybody here has dined on Disney property and gotten sick from a particular dish they/their party ate. And whether or not you gave that dish a second chance.

Post your horror stories. :earboy2:

I got sick after a burger at Sci Fi diner. Like...... REALLY sick. To be fair I ordered the burger medium instead of medium-well. I should have known better, I don't think I was quite thinking straight on that one.

I got violently ill after eating at Teppan Edo the first time DH and I went to WDW together about 18 years ago, when he was still... DBF, I guess? Like.. had to immediately find a trash can. I had eaten there previously with no problem, and he was also perfectly fine, so I don't know what the deal was. I won't eat there again not because I think they did anything wrong, but just because of the association if that makes sense.

Not once. DW and I have eaten at numerous places across the WDW property - TS (buffet and sit-down), QS and snacks, including from food booths at Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival, and we’ve never had any problems. And I have sensitive insides - I always suffer very badly if I drink the tap water in Florida, due to the level of chlorination, so we stick to the bottled stuff…

We went to Ohana's on our arrival night. Food was delicious.
Next day I was very nauseous and could barely function at MK. Rest of the family was fine. I have since learned that I am prone to migraines. Thus, it wasn't that food wasn't cooked right or anything, but something in it triggered my migraine. Thankfully I now have meds when this happens but we won't be returning to Ohana's on our next trip.

Food poisoning / ill from eating one evening at Rose & Crown. It was probably 15 years ago or so...no idea what I ate. It was a rough 36 hours!

Twice , five years apart at Liberty Tree. Won't go back there ever. I know at least one time it was the pot roast, probably both times.

Got sick from ESPN zone about 15 years ago. I wouldn't hold it against them today, but I also probably won't be back just because there are better options.

I have since learned that I am prone to migraines. Thus, it wasn't that food wasn't cooked right or anything, but something in it triggered my migraine. Thankfully I now have meds when this happens but we won't be returning to Ohana's on our next trip.

It's interesting to see quite a lot of people commenting that they got sick from Ohana. Perhaps they cook the food with MSG? I personally cannot eat MSG as it triggers nausea and migraines.

I got sick after a burger at Sci Fi diner. Like...... REALLY sick. To be fair I ordered the burger medium instead of medium-well. I should have known better, I don't think I was quite thinking straight on that one.

I don’t think you should have known better. You should be able to order a medium burger in any decent restaurant and you should be able to assume any Disney restaurant is decent.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see quite a lot of people commenting that they got sick from Ohana. Perhaps they cook the food with MSG? I personally cannot eat MSG as it triggers nausea and migraines.
No Resturant in WDW has MSG my husband is anaphylactic with msg and never had a problem at the restaurants especially Ohanas ate there in November

My husband insists he got food poisoning from Chefs De France. We ate dinner there and then walked back to our hotel at the Boardwalk and he was sick for an hour. Then he had to drive home which was 8 hours away. He said it was the worst drive ever with him pulling over to be sick on and off half the way home. I was staying at the hotel for a few more days.
He said once he was home he felt better. So who knows what it was. I ate there too and didn't get sick. I've also eaten there since and been fine.

I did get sick once after Sci-Fi Diner. And once I had the majority of the burger out of my system I felt better. I'm not sure if it was the restaurant food or if I'd just drank too much over the course of the day which was more likely. I've eaten there a couple of times since and been fine. I don't really care for their food so I don't eat there much. Too much fried food messes me up.

My daughter got sick after eating at Teppan Edo. She had sushi, but I didn’t and I felt fine. Several years ago my son was sick after eating at Ohana, and my husband felt a little off. (To be fair, we used to say it’s not really a vacation unless my son doesn’t feel well at least one day.)

My son got sick after 'Ohana in 2019. He was miserable for a couple of days. He didn't eat shrimp for 6 months. Just the thought made his stomach turn.

It is far more likely to be gastroenteritis/norovirus, and sometimes even just overeating, at WDW than foodborne illness. With the number of people being served each day and the mass production of food, there would be many, many people falling ill if there were a true foodborne illness.
I can definitely see Ohana being an overeating issue more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter