have you ever stayed at a resort and thought...

always, I never want to leave. I think to myself: Can I live here forever? Maybe I'll suddenly become the richest person in the world & Disney will let me move in with my puppies!:angel: Then I wake up & go home, poorer money wise but richer with happy memories.:goodvibes

GF...never leave

CSR...DH couldn't wait to leave. We changed resorts and went to AKL.

Yes but it was not because of the resort. It was because my autistic child was having behavior problems and I just could not wait to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know what you mean! It's not always easy. My DS is on the spectrum and there are some places that are way more ASD friendly than others. Our son was constantly stressed at WL because of the noise from the Whispering Canyon Cafe and the sound of the boat engine when we went to MK. It's a great resort and maybe he could handle now that he's grown up, but then...:(

I am usually pretty ready to go when it's time to go. To justify the costs of tickets and airfare we usually take 9 or 10 night trips so that's a good amount of time.
On our Poly stay we checked out but weren't going on M.E. to the airport until late afternoon. We went to MK for a bit and then headed back to the Poly. We sat there watching people walk in and get their lei's and be greeted. You could see the first day excitement on their faces. It was the worst:rotfl2:
It was like watching a party you had been kicked out of or something.:rotfl:

In 1999, my husband and I stayed at All Star Music. We called it the hotel of misfit decor. Even though it was spotless, it was just so ugly inside and loud outside.

Now that we stay at the Swan, I never want to go home.

We always feel like we never want to leave. But that feeling is the strongest when staying at CBR. Even after an 11 night stay, we still didn't want to leave.:(

Our last trip was akl, which we loved, but I had left my cpap machine at home and had not slept well at all the whole trip. I hated to leave the resort, but happy to get home to sleep well.

Our next trip is the poly. Hopefully I'll remember my cpap and we love it.

I'm sure I'll feel the same about AoA (and Aulani!) if only time would move faster.

You will most certainly feel that way after Aulani!! I had to pull my kids into the shuttle when it was time to go lol. :)

When are you going?

Couldn't wait to leave Old Key West. We stayed there for the first half of a split stay and were moving over to Boardwalk for the second half. I loved Boardwalk, but OKW never struck a welcoming chord with me. It felt too much like a community of condos and not a vacation.

I've found the magic number of nights for me is 9. Less than that and I'm not ready to leave, more than that and I worry about our pets back home (pet sitter.)

I know what you mean! It's not always easy. My DS is on the spectrum and there are some places that are way more ASD friendly than others. Our son was constantly stressed at WL because of the noise from the Whispering Canyon Cafe and the sound of the boat engine when we went to MK. It's a great resort and maybe he could handle now that he's grown up, but then...:(

My son is also on the spectrum. Not sure how old your son is, but as time goes on and my son matures, he can deal with more noise and stimulation. We love the Poly as it is so laid back and quiet. After the noise and craziness of the parks, coming back to the beach to watch the Electric Water Pageant and Wishes (far away from the noise of the fireworks) is SOOO worth the money.

Couldn't wait to leave is maybe too strong, but wasn't sad to leave Beach Club Resort. Our room was a mile down a seemingly endless hallway. Didn't ever want to leave Wilderness Lodge! Love this resort and we'd won the trip so it was even sweeter!

Never want to leave period! Have stayed many places over many years and have never had a bad time! When we get home we want to go back. My daughter calls it Disney Depression! The only cure is planning another trip back!

We have never ever wanted to leave regardless of the resort in which we've stayed. We always talk of extending our stay but have not done that to date.

We never want to leave! We usually stay at POR, for 10 days, and I just love the landscaping there, especially on the mansion side. It is such a relaxing place to stay. This past January, we had 5 days to squeeze in a little Disney time before a cruise. Decided to give ASSp a try. Glad it was only 5 days. It wasn't awful, but it was just a room. It was not a place you look forward to going back to, at least for us.

Listen, I have LOVED almost EVERY resort I've stayed at and I have stayed at quite a few-see below- but I NEVER want to leave my beloved POR, it's just my favorite place ever-probably because it was our first on-site resort and Ive been there so often-its my comfort zone:)

That said....couldn't wait to leave the WL for various reasons:sad2:

Every time I go to WDW I never want to leave. This especially true when I am lucky enough to stay at BC. I always fly Southwest because they allow you to change tickets with no charge. I have taken advantage of this several times to tack a day on because I just can't bring myself to leave yet:lmao:

we never want to leave WDW :)
however, having stayed at almost all the mods, deluxes, and WDW DVCs (10-15 days each) - only a very few made us wish we could change resorts: BC/BCV - too noisy & chaotic, POR - dreary, dank, OKW - ant invasions/poor housekeeping & maintenance, pervasive smell of car and bus exhaust everywhere, boooooring.
we would be thrilled to return to any of the others, but leaving our absolute favorite (BWV:cloud9:) is heartbreaking. we learned having more trips booked makes it a bit easier.

i have considered offering to be bumped off our return flight, thought about getting sick/hurt (not enough to stay in a hospital;)), and have asked TSA agents (only those that appear to have a sense of humor) if they could find a little something so we couldn't be allowed thru security.

you know it's bad when you get a bit envious that your brother & family had to extend their stay because of a hurricane :rolleyes1

Could not wait to leave AKL. Stayed one night and moved the next morning over to our beloved Poly!!! Awwwww...MK view and palm trees!:lovestruc

Could not wait to leave AKL. Stayed one night and moved the next morning over to our beloved Poly!!! Awwwww...MK view and palm trees!:lovestruc

Ditto for us, first 3 nights of a split stay with the Poly and I couldn't get out of AKL fast enough... Only reason for the split (first and last ) Poly was booked for all the nights we wanted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter