• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Have you ever....

uh oh....why did you bring up proposals?? I think I know what I'm doing for the next couple of hours......:lmao:

Another great Disney distraction is http://www.d-cot.com/ where you can listen to streaming music from the parks and create your own favorites list! If you haven't been there yet, you'll be amazed at how much music and audio they have, from the monorail recordings, to parade music, to music played in resort lobbies! It's incredible. Now all I have to do is get some small ear buds so I can listen when I'm at my desk at work. :rolleyes1

I watch videos all the time. Splash mountain and Wishes are my favorites. Starlight....starbright....I get all teary just thinkin about it...:cloud9:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

My husband and kids have done this. My DH showed the kids ride videos before both of our trips to get them even more excited as well as to show our older DD that the "scary" rides aren't that bad and there is nothing to be afraid of on them. He's so, so excited that she is now tall enough to ride pretty much everything and the middle one will be tall enough next year (40 inches!) to ride some of the bigger rides.

My favorite thing to do is watch old YouTube videos originally made in the 80s and 90s (have you seen the hair and clothes!?!) of all the rides that once were and never will be again.
Original Figment, Horizons, Cranium Command, you name it, someone has immortalized it on video and posted it on YouTube. What a great way to relive your youth!

Another great Disney distraction is http://www.d-cot.com/ where you can listen to streaming music from the parks and create your own favorites list! If you haven't been there yet, you'll be amazed at how much music and audio they have, from the monorail recordings, to parade music, to music played in resort lobbies! It's incredible. Now all I have to do is get some small ear buds so I can listen when I'm at my desk at work. :rolleyes1

thank you so much, i'm at work right now and i just got off the soarin ride! awesome!! how do you create your favorite list?

That's a great idea. I never would have thought people would shoot their ride experience, especially since I once saw Space Mountain with the lights on and saw all kinds of cameras and other expensive stuff on the ground.

thank you so much, i'm at work right now and i just got off the soarin ride! awesome!! how do you create your favorite list?

Sorry it's taken me a couple days to reply, I haven't been back on until now! To create your favorites list, hover your mouse over the song title in the jukebox playlist and click on the red heart that shows up to the right of the title. Another window will come up and you have to click on the red heart again to add the song to your favorites. To delete songs from your favorites, go to the menu on the top right-hand corner and hover your mouse over Jukebox, then click Edit Favorites List. From here you can click the X next to song titles you want to delete. Happy listening! :)

I love to listen to disney while I am at work, sometimes I have a virtual Disney day via youtube. I start out with the welcome show and then hit the rides in the order I would on our visit. It is a great way to get a Disney fix, but I mostly just listen I don't have time to watch all the videos sometimes I will flip over for one or two but overall just hearing the rides and background music in the areas is good enough of a fix for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter