Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone's area doing on the teacher's front as several posters have recently mentioned teachers? Seems more and more schools are choosing to go back to in-person or add the older kids into in-person but I know the other side of the concern with teachers and getting vaccination opportunities for them.

The update I have from my county is that they are continuing on with this week's plan despite shipment delays due to weather for next week's doses..we'll see how that pans out because that could alter the plans.

The teacher update is that the county advises: "Progress includes vaccinating nearly 40 percent of our county’s educators and school staff." which I find impressive given how many there must be. What I don't have is how many wanted the vaccine. Have people seen in their areas roughly how many teachers want the vaccine and if they are eligible now or will be soon?

My sister teaches in Maricopa County Arizona. I believe most districts here have been open since 2nd quarter (October). She was eligible for, and just got her second two weeks ago, vaccinations under Tier 1B priority. While she got hers (Pfizer) through the state, I believe her district had also arranged for their employees to go through the district to get them (Moderna).

Just (well, actually, my husband) read an article about enlarged lymp nodes following vaccinations. I already knew that it's recommended that women due for mammograms delay them until 6 weeks post 2d dose due to the vaccine causing enlarged lymph nodes.
thanks for this info. I have a recheck mammo in May.
THe downside is many people have already delayed mammograms because of Covid so we are asking people not to cancel if they are already scheduled but to not schedule their future appointment until 6 wks after.
Good to know

I am ~14 hours post Pfizer 2. I woke up fine but now I’m getting achy. It’s like my skin hurts, especially my legs. Arm is also sore, but less than the first time.

I really want to just lay under my electric blanket, but, alas, must go teach. I’m the first one of my coworkers to get dose 2, so I’m going to be asked how I’m feeling alllllll day.

I'm watching and waiting. I've lived long enough to have seen vaccines created, tested and the outcomes and I want to be careful which I choose. Right now, I'm watching for the Novavax. I like what I read about the ingredients and efficacy.

Just (well, actually, my husband) read an article about enlarged lymp nodes following vaccinations. I already knew that it's recommended that women due for mammograms delay them until 6 weeks post 2d dose due to the vaccine causing enlarged lymph nodes.
I had swelling and itching from COVID arm for over a week. It was approximately 3"x 5". I had no enlarged lymph nodes although I rescheduled the mammogram appointment I'd for three months.
THe downside is many people have already delayed mammograms because of Covid so we are asking people not to cancel if they are already scheduled but to not schedule their future appointment until 6 wks after.
I had my mammogram this morning. Before we started I told her about having my 2nd covid shot less than 2 weeks ago so she took down the details of what shot, what arm, and the date. She showed me on the computer when we were done that I did have an enlarged lymph node on the left side. (Shot was left arm.) I couldn't tell that I had an enlargement but the scan picked it up.

Okay well I feel really crappy now. 99.8 (high for me, normally 96), achy, chills. Cry.

18ish hours after Pfizer 2. At least my arm isn’t as sore this time...
Sorry about you feeling unwell; I also had the Pfizer vaccine. Two Tylenol, about every 4-6 hours, helped my fever and aches. I am not giving medical advice - just wanted to share my own experience and empathize how miserable one can feel from the side effects. Also, my three heavy blankets really helped!

I am 5 days out from my second Pfizer vaccine. Same as the first time, my arm was slightly sore for a day. Not as bad as the pneumonia shot for me though -lol

Friday I woke up just ugh. Tiny headache, slightly nauseous. Actually felt like I had just a tiny bit too much to drink the night before. It got better but then I just got TIRED. By dinner time I was fine. Sunday just tired, Monday slight headache. I am back to normal now. All in all wasn't bad. I only took Advil once on Saturday and didn't need a nap or anything. Just a few "eh" days.

Sorry about you feeling unwell; I also had the Pfizer vaccine. Two Tylenol, about every 4-6 hours, helped my fever and aches. I am not giving medical advice - just wanted to share my own experience and empathize how miserable one can feel from the side effects. Also, my three heavy blankets really helped!

Thanks. I managed to find someone with Tylenol here and it has helped a lot. I only took one (500mg) since I don’t usually take Tylenol and I wasn’t sure how much to take. Still a little achy, but no more chills and I feel much more functional. Was able to finish out my teaching day. Hoping I feel better tomorrow.

In MA, just had Pfizer first dose. I ended up under observation for 45 minutes due to a feeling of flushing and warm in my face, chest, throat along with metallic taste. The flushing feeling went away after 30 minutes and since I wasn't having any trouble breathing, speaking or seeing, I was able leave after 15 more minutes of observation.

I also feel like I had a funny taste in my mouth, but it was like right when they did the shot. I remember my mom saying she’d get a funny taste when her chemo port was flushed with saline, so it made me think of that.

Ya - I declare BS on this “data”
Age, race, ethnicity, urban/suburban/rural are all legitimate things to examine in a study like this. Political affiliation is not, and the only reason for including it would be to show a political result.

And for me, that changes the "study" from a medical study to a political science exercise and I give it the full weight that deserves...with is seconding your BS call.

I'm taking my dad to a local vaccine clinic (in RI) tomorrow since he is not a fluent English speaker. I am so happy that he is going to be vaccinated. Anyways, I booked him the last time slot since it will be after I get out of school and I'm planning on asking if there are any leftover vaccines that I could get. I feel a little shameless asking because I'm not in the current or close priority group but I'm a high school teacher. Should I even ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter