Have you seen/used the new crock pot liners?

bclydia

<font color=00b7c6>Prone to Random Strong Opinions
Hi!
Just caught a commercial for Reynold's new crock pot liners. They look like a great thing. A plastic liner that sits inside the pot and all your ingredients go in it. When you're all done, you throw the dirty liner away and have a clean pot.
That is my kind of cooking!! I love my crock pot but I hate to clean it.
I'm guessing that this is pretty new. Have you seen them? Better yet, have you tried them out? I'm dying to hear if they really work.
Hmmm, crock pot mac and cheese and no clean up. Sign me up!
Lydia

I keep looking in my grocery store for them, no luck. I'm with you as far as cleaning that darn thing!! I just found a coupon for them too, which is ironic, because usually I would have found the item first then found a coupon!!!

I have used them. They are great. Easier clean up. You still have to wash the crock pot because of moisture but it is great no scrubbing. The only place I was able to find them was walmart by the foil and paper products. They were on the top shelf here so being short I nearly missed them. Good luck hunting for them.

We used them in our concession stand this year! It was great to be able to just pull the liners out of the chili & the nacho cheese crock pots, without having to wash all of that nasty junk off of the pot itself. Like another poster said, you still have to wash the crock pot, but it's nothing like having to wash off chili or cheese! :thumbsup2

I have been using liners in my crock pot for a few years - but have not tried the new Reynolds liners yet. I have ordered liners directly from the Rival website. I also use XL sized oven baking bags (that you would use to bake a turkey). These work ok, but I have to move the bag around if it will be sitting all day, so the bag doesn't burn and get a small hole in it. I will definitely try the new ones and see how they do!

~Mary

I agree with the others. I hate cleaning that thing too!! I tried the new liners and you still have to clean it but not nearly as much as before. I usually just filled mine with hot water and soap and let it sit overnight. That way the gunk was ready to come off the next day! Not nearly as much scrubbing then!

Angela

I've tried them. I love them too! As others said...you still need to wash it but its just like washing any other dish. You dont have the baked on caked on stuff.

Love Love Love them!!! I use 1-2 a week. Clean up is a breeze! So far, even with chili, all I have had to do is wipe the inside out with a damp rag and dry! Meatloaf cooking right now with one!

Sounds like something I need. I love the crockpot, but hate the clean-up.

Cyndi

Just wondering....I have both the regular CrockPot(round) and the sort of oval shaped Pot....do these things fit any Crock Pot easily???

I always spray my crockpot with Pam or Mazola No-Stick before putting in the food. Then just soak in soapy water for a little while before washing.

these are lifesavers! oh, and they work in both the round and oval crocks, but they fit better in the ovals (I have both).

Anyway, the only downside is that if you use your crock almost every day like I do, you blow through those things pretty fast (only 4 in a box). I tend to use the liners for things that have sugar, bbq sauce, cheese, etc...anything that will caramelize and cake on. For the rest, like stews and things in thinner sauces, I spray liberally with Pam. If anyone knows where to get the liners for pretty cheap, please post! :)

I got them at the grocery store with a coupon, but I've never used them. I keep forgetting I have them! Thanks for reminding me.

bclydia said:
Hi!
Just caught a commercial for Reynold's new crock pot liners. They look like a great thing. A plastic liner that sits inside the pot and all your ingredients go in it. When you're all done, you throw the dirty liner away and have a clean pot.
That is my kind of cooking!! I love my crock pot but I hate to clean it.
I'm guessing that this is pretty new. Have you seen them? Better yet, have you tried them out? I'm dying to hear if they really work.
Hmmm, crock pot mac and cheese and no clean up. Sign me up!
Lydia

Crock pot mac and cheese.. yum! Can you share your recipe?

I use them in my round crock pot. They are a little oddly shaped for the round but work just fine. I find that I only have to wipe out the crock with a damp sponge after removing the bag.

I bought mine at the grocery store. Coupons are available on the Reynold's web site.

Hey Laureen
It's not my recipe and I haven't even tried it yet. I saw it posted here a couple of weeks ago (maybe less) and it sounded really good! The thought of the cleanup though...
So the bags may make it more appealing, dish-washing-wise.
I'll see if I can find the thread and bump it up for you!
Lydia

I'm using one right now for beef stew. This is the first time I've used them. I guess I'll understand more after dinner, but if it's just water can't you dry it out with a papertowel instead of actually washing the crockpot?

I would wash it anyway. Just lightly for my own peace of mind...LOL

I found them at Publix and they work great! Afterwards I just rinsed out the crock pot because of condensation... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter