Hawaiian airlines

mum2fourkids

Mouseketeer
just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Hawaiian airlines? Thinking of flying with them next September.
Thanks!

Attendants were pretty friendly. Seats surprisingly comfortable with more leg room than other domestic airlines we've used. Only domestic airline that provided free meals that we can remember. If you're planning a future trip, get the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines credit card - for the $89 annual fee, you get 35,000 frequent flyer miles after spending $1K in 90 days, free 1st checked bag for cardholder, 50% off a companion ticket in the 1st 12 months, annual $100 off ticket after 1st year, and other benefits. If you have at least 4 in your travel party, considering applying for 2 cards (self and spouse?).

I'm assuming mum2fourkids is from Australia, so they won't be able to get that credit card.
Also, I'd hope the flight was better than a domestic, at minimum 14 hours.

I'm assuming mum2fourkids is from Australia, so they won't be able to get that credit card.
Also, I'd hope the flight was better than a domestic, at minimum 14 hours.
Very perceptive. Non-US folks cannot apply for credit cards?

Thank you both for replying...yes we are Australian so don't think the credit card is a option...thanks anyway though.

I am looking at flying from Brisbane to LA with a 3 hr Honolulu stopover. On the way home we will be flying from LA back to Honolulu but then staying a week before heading back to Brisbane.

It's just a airline I don't seem to hear much about...so was interested in some reviews

Hawaiian Airlines is great.
Whilst you pay a significant premium compared to a direct LA flight, the cost of just a flight to Hawaii is relatively high so it is typically good value.
Hawaiian just announced that the planes with the new seat layout (better business and more economy comfort) will fly to Australia starting this year. If you can secure the small section in rows 11 and 12 it great value to pay for economy comfort at least on the longer flight. Maybe with 4 children the extra legroom is not worth the cost, but you can mix and match in the main cabin.

PS Aulani is fantastic. I own DVC there so if you need any advice let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter