HDDR dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakamishi

Earning My Ears
Just went to HHDR last Sunday. It was probably our 10th time or so. I gotta say, things have changed. And not for the better IMHO. I get some of the changes in the name of PC. Like the Indian Scout for example. But some of the other changes is a bridge too far for me. Gone is the little bit about the girl finding the guy in the crowd "I didnt know you were in town!". Now it's just "Friends" as she talks to the whole table. Gone is the bit toward the end, when the girl picks out a guy in crowd and flirts with him, later on asking him to "toot". Now its just "Friends" as she looks at the entire table. Both these examples were funny because they were embarrassing. Now it's just generic. Gone is Six Bits "I hope you're staying sober." Clearly too offensive, right? These are just a few examples.

Yeah, this PC thing is going a bit far for my taste.

Things started to change for the worse, I believe, when they moved away from the classic songs about 10-11 years ago that were in the show because Disney was not paying musical royalties (and didn't want to). They have moved now to new songs they own or public domain music.

Anything after that is collateral damage in my (song) book.

Bama Ed

PS - but hey, the fried chicken is still delicious.

Just went to HHDR last Sunday. It was probably our 10th time or so. I gotta say, things have changed. And not for the better IMHO. I get some of the changes in the name of PC. Like the Indian Scout for example. But some of the other changes is a bridge too far for me. Gone is the little bit about the girl finding the guy in the crowd "I didnt know you were in town!". Now it's just "Friends" as she talks to the whole table. Gone is the bit toward the end, when the girl picks out a guy in crowd and flirts with him, later on asking him to "toot". Now its just "Friends" as she looks at the entire table. Both these examples were funny because they were embarrassing. Now it's just generic. Gone is Six Bits "I hope you're staying sober." Clearly too offensive, right? These are just a few examples.

I'm not, but for people who have won the battle against addiction and every day is another day sober. It might be? Maybe not something you want to hear at a lighthearted vacation dinner show at WDW where many are happily getting drunk. I think it's normal to be off put by changes. But sometimes maybe they know what they're doing. So many were skeptical and/or just outraged by changing Pirates. My daughter's favorite part of the ride is the "pretty red PIRATE". As a grown woman who grew up seeing the previous scene countless times, to hear her say that really changed my opinion about these kinds of changes and question the messaging in so many circumstances of my own childhood.

So how was the food?

Would that be the advise you offer to those who were offended by the previous version of the show? Would you just tell them not to go? Or are only changes for PC sake ok?
Yes I’d give the same advice, if you didn’t enjoy it don’t go back. I’ve only been once to see the dinner show, didn’t care for the show or the food. This is way before whatever changes have you upset. Glad I went but wouldn’t rush back. The beauty of Disney is that there’s something for everyone. PC has nothing to do with it.

I have no problem with changes, but if they do change things, it should at least be funny. If no one thinks it is funny, then they are not doing their job right.

Would that be the advise you offer to those who were offended by the previous version of the show? Would you just tell them not to go? Or are only changes for PC sake ok?
I personally tell folks all the time here and otherwise, if you don't enjoy, don't get your monies worth, don't go home happy with your experiences .............. then don't go back. It could be a show, a restaurant, a hotel, a ride, a theme park ... doesn't matter where or why.

Vacations especially are priceless so if you don't come away happy, then it's usually time to try something different. I've been to plenty of Disney restaurants that I will never return to because I wasn't happy with the experience. It doesn't matter the reason, if it failed to fulfill your expectations, time to move on to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter