• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heading to Aulani Soon!

keaster

DIS Veteran
So excited, checking into Aulani Friday for the rest of the holidays! We've been there a few times before but never at this time of year, so if anyone is there now, just how crazy busy is it? And is all the construction wrapped up?

The main pool has reopened a few days ago but has not warmed up yet. Last that I heard a few days ago from someone there is that they had most of it done and just working on some pavers. I have not been that time of year but I imagine it is going to be pretty darn busy.

We were there that same time back in 2016. It was extremely busy. Hard to get chairs, long lines for food, no tables available to eat. It was pretty rough. That being said, it's Aulani--you'll have a great time. Just go in prepared for crowds. I think I was unprepared, which made it frustrating.

So excited, checking into Aulani Friday for the rest of the holidays! We've been there a few times before but never at this time of year, so if anyone is there now, just how crazy busy is it? And is all the construction wrapped up?

i’ve been here for the past week over Christmas and IMO it hasn’t been crazy busy. Yes, there are a lot of people here and if you want to eat at Ama Ama you should probably make reservations online in advance. Because it is winter, sunrise isn’t until about 7 AM. Therefore, wristbands are not handed out until about 9 AM for regular guests and 8 AM for DVC guests (double check the times when you arrive). You can get down early to claim a chair, but it doesn’t appear that most guests start to do so until after 9am. It’s also been pretty cloudy this week, so that may have impacted the chair situation some. If you’re not traveling with kids, you should be able to find chairs at the adult pool or beach. This is my first time here over Christmas, so it’s been nice to be able to sleep in a little.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter