HEADSHOTS??????????????

dismiss

Mouseketeer
Do you still need headshots, I have looked all over the DCL site & cannot find anything about headshots/ HELP PLease

I am trying to convince a new cruiser that a head shot is needed & he is right , I cannot find it listed anywhere on the DCL website. Do they only list that after you start check in & then it is too late if youm don't have one, you have to start all over again?

I am trying to convince a new cruiser that a head shot is needed & he is right , I cannot find it listed anywhere on the DCL website. Do they only list that after you start check in & then it is too late if youm don't have one, you have to start all over again?
I think they ask for it during online check in; I'm not sure I've seen it anywhere else on the website. If you don't have a headshot for someone, you won't be able to complete online check in (and therefore won't be able to select a port arrival time).

You can tell him the wisdom of many DCL cruising experts say you need this (and maybe show him this thread, if it helps:https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-have-prepared-for-online-check-in.3885775/ ) to convince him. But yes, if you don't have a head shot for him you won't be able to complete his check in, which means you won't be able to complete it for the stateroom he is in.

I think they ask for it during online check in; I'm not sure I've seen it anywhere else on the website. If you don't have a headshot for someone, you won't be able to complete online check in (and therefore won't be able to select a port arrival time).

You can tell him the wisdom of many DCL cruising experts say you need this (and maybe show him this thread, if it helps:https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-have-prepared-for-online-check-in.3885775/ ) to convince him. But yes, if you don't have a head shot for him you won't be able to complete his check in, which means you won't be able to complete it for the stateroom he is in.

Thank You SO MUCH!!!! I am going to print this out for him & pray he gets all his documents uploaded to my computer before check in date !!! THANK YOU !!

Does it have to be a passport type headshot or any photo? Our kids’ passports just expired. Not sure if there is time to renew. And if we renew in time, does the photo have to be the same?

Does it have to be a passport type headshot or any photo? Our kids’ passports just expired. Not sure if there is time to renew. And if we renew in time, does the photo have to be the same?
Head shots SHOULD NOT be the passport photo or any other government issued ID photo per the DCL information. We took them with our phone against a neutral wall and uploaded them when we checked in. I had to switch to a desktop to get the check in done and sent them to myself via email so that they would be on the computer when i needed them. There was a time zone glitch for us and we had to change the time zone on the PC to EDT from AZTime (yes that’s what we call it) to get it done. Likely could have done it form the phone/app with the same zone change but it just kept spinning.
Mike

Has to a shot of you facing forward, from shoulders up, nothing on your head, against a white, blank background. If you wear glasses there cannot be a glare on your glasses. Eyes must be totally visible. No sunglasses.

I believe the info about the head shot comes in an email before your online check in. I have been using the same headshot for the last five cruises, mostly recently this March.

OP, tell your friend he needs it or he can't complete the online check in.

MJ

I definitely have random headshots - my husband's is standing in the kitchen and my son's old one was outside of his school.

Has to a shot of you facing forward, from shoulders up, nothing on your head, against a white, blank background. If you wear glasses there cannot be a glare on your glasses. Eyes must be totally visible. No sunglasses.

I believe the info about the head shot comes in an email before your online check in. I have been using the same headshot for the last five cruises, mostly recently this March.

OP, tell your friend he needs it or he can't complete the online check in.

MJ
The photo is also supposed to be recent. I was going to reuse my photo on my last cruise, but the instructions said that it had to be taken within the last 30? days.

Mine and DDs in March were random shots from our phone, I just cropped out everything but our head basically. I know I used a photo from our cruise last July for our cruise this last March. The ones we used for online check in this morning were also used from our camera reel

The photo is also supposed to be recent. I was going to reuse my photo on my last cruise, but the instructions said that it had to be taken within the last 30? days.
Whoops. I'm still using ones from our cruise last year. Not like I've change overly much. Maybe a couple extra grey hairs! I did redo my daughter's because she has changed for sure.

I have been using the same headshot for the last five cruises, mostly recently this March.
So....I kind of forgot when I took mine that this is the picture that pops up for everything you use your key for. So I took mine still in my pajamas, no makeup, not even sure if I really brushed my hair first. It was just an oh crap, I need this to check in photo. LOL

Next cruise, I will be better prepared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter