Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR **TR Update 12/10**

Wow, Steph, you got some really good pictures of the carvings on the Tree of Life. Do you remember where that first elephant picture was taken? I don't recall ever seeing that one before.

Speaking of good pictures, the ones of the parade are great too. It looks like the spot that you found was a good one and yay for the CM keeping people from hogging the spot. :thumbsup2

Fake a sore ankle just before you get in line so you can walk slowly, Then once the show is over you can pretend that sitting for a while helped, and walk normally again! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

You are a genius!! :lmao:

Double safari!!! Your pictures really show how quickly things can change.

Wow, Steph, you got some really good pictures of the carvings on the Tree of Life. Do you remember where that first elephant picture was taken? I don't recall ever seeing that one before.

Speaking of good pictures, the ones of the parade are great too. It looks like the spot that you found was a good one and yay for the CM keeping people from hogging the spot. :thumbsup2

I actually took that elephant just after pictures, so it was somewhere between Tree of Life Garden and the entrance to It's Tough to be a Bug.

Thanks, we were pretty happy with that spot too! And very happy that the CM was watching out and not allowing anyone to butt into our spot or any of the spots in that area.

You are a genius!! :lmao:

Double safari!!! Your pictures really show how quickly things can change.

Thanks! :lmao:

Yes, I've done them back to back several times and it's amazing how quickly the animals change.

Nothing like a hot, humid, muggy day in the hottest park on the planet.

Your pictures of the Tree of Life make me remember how amazingly awesome all the detail there is. We haven't been to see the movie there in the past few trips, and therefore, haven't really spent any time around the tree and the carvings. I'm going to have to so something about that next time.

Nice score on 2 safari rides. :thumbsup2 Looks like you got to see a lot of animals before heading out.

Nothing like a hot, humid, muggy day in the hottest park on the planet.

Your pictures of the Tree of Life make me remember how amazingly awesome all the detail there is. We haven't been to see the movie there in the past few trips, and therefore, haven't really spent any time around the tree and the carvings. I'm going to have to so something about that next time.

Nice score on 2 safari rides. :thumbsup2 Looks like you got to see a lot of animals before heading out.

I think part of the reason I do ITTBAB is for seeing the Tree of Life up close in line!

We were quite happy to see so many of the animals between the 2 safari ride. :goodvibes

I missed the last two updates probably because they were over the weekend and I was busy!

I really enjoyed the parade pictures. That is one parade that I never got around to watching and now I never will. :sad2:

The butterfly PP is really neat! I'll have to try to find that one next time.

Gorgeous pictures from your two Safaris as usual! I really liked the one of the Cheetah as I rarely get to see them.

I missed the last two updates probably because they were over the weekend and I was busy!

I really enjoyed the parade pictures. That is one parade that I never got around to watching and now I never will. :sad2:

The butterfly PP is really neat! I'll have to try to find that one next time.

Gorgeous pictures from your two Safaris as usual! I really liked the one of the Cheetah as I rarely get to see them.

Glad you were able to get caught up!

That was the first time I ever watched it completely through. I had seen parts of the parade before, but because I knew it was ending in a few days we made sure to watch it completely!

I thought it was a different Magic Shot too! I didn't even know what it was going to be until I downloaded the pictures!

The Cheetahs are difficult, as they are usually way in the back and lying down.

DAY FOUR, FRIDAY MAY 23RD, PART 1

Our original plan was to get up early this day, but we were pretty tired still when we first got up, so we decided to get an extra hour of sleep and then get up. And hour later we were feeling better and after quick showers we walked over to OPR and had some breakfast. I did not take pictures but Mom got the bacon and Mickey waffle and I got the Bounty Platter. We took a quick potty break and started to head for the OPR bus stop. When almost there Mom realized she left her camera at our table in the food court. We ran back but it was not there. We saw a manager and talked to him. He asked her to describe it and said someone had just turned it in and he took it in the back. He went back and grabbed it and was so nice, and funny too. Mom was so glad she didn't lose that camera!

We headed back to the OPR bus stop and quickly a bus came for our destination. Today was Friday May 23rd, the 24 hour day at Magic Kingdom!

We got there quickly (well, as quickly as possible since it's the furthest park from CBR!) and had a small line for bag check. Once inside we walked into a wall. The Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Street Parade was going on. We did manage to weave our way thru the shops on the right side and out to the Hub. We got in front of the castle where there were surprisingly almost no people standing, just as the parade ended.

We wanted to get pictures in front of the castle, but we had a FP+ that we didn't want to be late for, so we wound around the left side of the castle and into Fantasyland. Once there we walked into here:

What, you don't know where that is from the ceiling?! :rotfl: We were lucky enough to get a FP+ for Elsa and Anna, back when they still met together! It was a few minutes after 10am and the standby line was already over 2 hours long. By late afternoon it was at 5 hours. It was a lovely meet and greet, but I wouldn't wait 5 hours for anything at WDW.

There was a bit of a line for the FP, but I think we only waited 10-15 minutes. There was a lovely family behind us with a daughter who was older, but had some sort of mental disability. She was dressed up as Elsa and had a Anna doll of some sort and was so excited. She thought every detail in the line was magical and she put smiles on everyone in lines faces.

There were still some remnants of the other princesses using this line for their meet and greet, as there was a Snow White book at the end of the hall!

Before too long we went in for our turn! Both Anna and Elsa loved our Frozen shirts and complimented us on it. They agreed the weather was much too hot, but that Olaf was loving the Florida weather. The first picture was my camera, others are from the Memory Maker.

The sign outside just said Elsa, Anna and a friend, since they rotate who joins her. At that point it was Aurora, so we went over to her next. She was also very nice and talked to us for a bit since Elsa and Anna were fawning over the girl who was dressed up that was behind us. The first two pictures are from my camera and the third is from MM.

After our princess encounters we walked out and saw something I had not seen before. It was some sort of royal procession going by. At first I thought it was just guests being funny, but it was definitely a Disney thing. It reminded me of something you would see at DHS with the street performers.

We looked over and realized that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was in soft opening! We thought it would be with the special day, but you never know since it didn't officially open for another 5 days. The line was already past the Tea Cups and there was someone there holding a sign that said 60 minutes from that point. We really wanted to ride it and didn't know how much of the day it would be open we got in line. We were happy we did, as the line quickly extended and within 10 minutes it was into Storybook Circus! :eek:

The line actually moved pretty quickly and the actual wait was only about 30 minutes. The people in front of us were a very nice set of sisters and they talked to us the whole time. It was already getting pretty hot out despite only being 11:30am, but thankfully there were fans every 30-40 feet even on the outer part of the line so that helped. I, of course, took pictures while waiting.

I also posted on the DIS letting people know it was open, since there was some speculation on whether it would be or not.

Once we got out of the outer wrap-around part of the line and into the proper line it was semi-covered and nicely themed to a mine entrance in the woods, complete with mined gems in the concrete walkway!

There were several games you could play in the line too!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I didn't get great pictures of the next "game" as we were moving too quickly to stop. Basically there were big barrels of gems that when you spun it projected images on the ceiling from the movie!

And a couple more pictures before we were off on our mine ride!

My camera decided to act up just then, and so the first couple of pictures I took turned out very blurry, but with a cool effect so I'll post them anyway!

I managed to get it working by the time we went back outside, so here are some nicer ones of the view from the train!

There was a bad glare from the sun at that moment, so none of my pictures looking into the cottage turned out very well, though you can sorta see things inside.

So, what did we think? We loved it! It's not as thrilling as BTMR or Space, but it was well themed and fun. And you get great views on the outside portion too. I will definitely get on it at all future trips!

Mom and I looked at the time and realized we only had 7 minutes left in our FP+ ressie for lunch at BOG, so we hoofed it over there. Good thing it was close! We got in line and checked in with a few minutes to spare. There was a bit of a line once we got in the castle, but we admired the surroundings and Mom looked at the menu since I already knew what I wanted.

We ordered and were told to sit down anywhere, they would find us using our Magic Bands to deliver the food. I could have sworn I took pictures, but I cannot find our food. We both got the turkey sandwich with french fries and strawberry cheesecake cupcakes. I have had it before and loved it again. Mom hadn't eaten at BOG yet, and was impressed with the food and theming.

One we finished our food we walked around a bit to get some pictures.

Once we finished eating we had some time before our next FP. What should we do next?

NEXT TIME: HAUNTINGS, RUNAWAY TRAINS AND A MISSED FP+!

There's no way on God's green Earth that I'd stand in a 5 hour line to see anybody. Anybody! Well, I'd wait for Jesus but that's the only person.

Hey, I recognize that backsack!

The meet and greet looks like it went well. You and your Mom are such a cute ladies!

Like you, we loved the mine train even if it's not a super big thrill ride. The theming is perfect and the ride itself is smooth so that makes it even better.

I still can't decide if we want to do a dinner ADR at Be Our Guest or stick with lunch since lunch was so good. Haven't you done both? Or just lunch there?

mickeystoontown said:
There's no way on God's green Earth that I'd stand in a 5 hour line to see anybody. Anybody! Well, I'd wait for Jesus but that's the only person.

Hey, I recognize that backsack!

The meet and greet looks like it went well. You and your Mom are such a cute ladies!

Like you, we loved the mine train even if it's not a super big thrill ride. The theming is perfect and the ride itself is smooth so that makes it even better.

I still can't decide if we want to do a dinner ADR at Be Our Guest or stick with lunch since lunch was so good. Haven't you done both? Or just lunch there?

It's a great backsack and Mom and I both loved ours! Thanks again for them :)

I have done both meals at BOG and enjoyed both! I have an ADR for dinner there for our December trip. We will probably try for the lunch ADR too, but still deciding on that. I think it's worth trying it for dinner as well.

DAY FOUR, FRIDAY MAY 23RD, PART 2

After our delicious lunch at BOG it was time to start heading across the park for our next FP+ attraction. We did have a bit of time still though so first we stopped at a special PP spot just for that day, the Rock your Disney side 24 hour event!

We still had some time before we had to go for our second FP+ attraction of the day, so as we walked we stopped at Haunted Mansion since the line wasn't long at all!

It was only about 10-12 minutes before we were in the stretch room!

I didn't get any good pictures on the attraction itself this time, but we enjoyed our spooky tour as always! I did get a picture of the graveyard at the exit, minus Mr Toad but adding a different animal in there!

It was getting even closer to our FP+ time of 1:05pm for our second attraction, Splash Mountain. The heat and humidity were climbing once again, so we were looking forward to getting a bit of a splash to cool off. Unfortunately when we got to the entrance we found CMs there directing everyone away and letting them know that Splash was down for a while and they didn't know when (or if!) it would come back up. Just then I got an alert email that I had to change my FP for Splash and that I could change it to one on a list of attractions. Mom and I looked through them and decided that since we were right next to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad we would use our FP there instead!

I hadn't been on BTMR for a bit since it was closed for refurb the last time I was there. I like the new signs and little added touches! The FP line was a bit long, probably because most of the other people who couldn't get on Splash were headed there, but we still only waited about 15 minutes with using the FP+.

Soon we boarded the train and got at the front!

We were enjoying our ride through the crazy mining town and went up the biggest hill and then....stopped. Mom was a bit nervous since she doesn't like heights, but we were only stopped for a minute or two and then we were back on our way!

We were happy to find a Photopass photographer were only one person in line just to the side of BTMR. I had never gotten pictures done there before! It did take a bit due to the people in front of us wanting their pictures taken just as a train went by, but still only a few minutes of waiting.

Did you notice the train going by in the second picture? Great timing, and we didn't even ask for it!

We walked past Splash and it was still closed, but we had another reason to go down there! No not the bathrooms (though we did use them!), but Woody and Jessie! The line was a bit long, but it was mostly shaded at that point so we decided to stick around and see them. They wound up taking a break shortly before us, so we waited about 20 minutes total. The photographer only took one picture with my camera, which is the first one, but tons with theirs!

More pictures with Jessie and Woody!

After our wonderful time with Andy's toys we kept going in the same direction until we reached the next attraction, PotC!

The line was long (it was out into the first area you walk in, with all the line dividers up making you go back and forth across there before you even picked a line side!) but it did move well so we were on by 2:20pm. The only half-way decent picture I took the whole ride was this one:

Beautiful, isn't it? :rotfl2:

We knew we wanted to watch the new Festival of Fantasy Parade, and it was getting close to time to start so we walked back over to Frontierland and found a decent spot that was semi-shaded near Country Bears Jamboree. Our spot was right up against the rope, so we had a great view. While we waited these cuties passed us

I love the Minnie bow in the female's fur!

About 5 minutes before the parade was to start it was announced that there was a high school band there that was going to open the parade. They came through right away, and were quite good!

After they came through we still had a couple more minutes until it was time for the actual parade. All over the park they had banners and signs up promoting the 24 hour event that day!

Right on time the parade started to make it's way toward us! As with the Jammin Jungle Parade I took a ton of pictures, so here they are for you to enjoy and feel like you are part of the crowd watching!

I hope you aren't tired of parade pictures yet, because here come some more! :rotfl:

Did you enjoy it? Mom and I sure did! I do think it is a gorgeously done parade, and had lots going on without being overwhelming. I look forward to seeing it again in December! :goodvibes

NEXT TIME: CHARGING MY PHONE, CHEESY JOKES AND ATTEMPTED LINE CUTTERS!

Stephanie, I am loving all of the parade pictures! They are all amazing! I totally forgot about the new parade and we only got a little glimpse of it when we were on the train.

Commenting on two updates as I missed the one on the 26th.......

So glad your Mom found her camera! That had to be a bit scary for a few minutes. It seems you guys make a habit of doing that. :rotfl:

Cute pictures with Anna and Elsa! I got FPs for Mom and I for this upcoming trip but they don't meet together any more. :sad: You see each one separately and there isn't a third princess with them.

So awesome that you got to ride the Mine Train during the soft opening! It looks like so much fun and I can't wait to ride it myself.

Mmmmmmm, BOG lunch! Loved that Turkey sandwich when I ate there in May.

Bummer that you missed the FP+ for Splash but at least you did get to use it on another ride.

I don't think I've ever seen a PP photographer near BTMR. I'll have to keep an eye out this next trip.

I actually watched that same Festival of Fantasy parade on the live feed they had going that day. Heck, I spent more time watching the feed then working that day. :lmao: I may have even seen you and your Mom walk by but it was really hard to pick people out as they were pretty small on the video. I can't wait to see the parade in person. I skipped it in May because Jim hates parades plus I wanted to watch it with my Mom.

Stephanie, I am loving all of the parade pictures! They are all amazing! I totally forgot about the new parade and we only got a little glimpse of it when we were on the train.

Thanks, sorry you didn't get to see the new parade! It's really amazing and so well done. Oh well, guess you'll have to go back next year to see it ;) :rotfl2:

Commenting on two updates as I missed the one on the 26th.......

So glad your Mom found her camera! That had to be a bit scary for a few minutes. It seems you guys make a habit of doing that. :rotfl:

Cute pictures with Anna and Elsa! I got FPs for Mom and I for this upcoming trip but they don't meet together any more. :sad: You see each one separately and there isn't a third princess with them.

So awesome that you got to ride the Mine Train during the soft opening! It looks like so much fun and I can't wait to ride it myself.

Mmmmmmm, BOG lunch! Loved that Turkey sandwich when I ate there in May.

Bummer that you missed the FP+ for Splash but at least you did get to use it on another ride.

I don't think I've ever seen a PP photographer near BTMR. I'll have to keep an eye out this next trip.

I actually watched that same Festival of Fantasy parade on the live feed they had going that day. Heck, I spent more time watching the feed then working that day. :lmao: I may have even seen you and your Mom walk by but it was really hard to pick people out as they were pretty small on the video. I can't wait to see the parade in person. I skipped it in May because Jim hates parades plus I wanted to watch it with my Mom.

Yeah, we were very glad that someone turned in the camera and didn't just take it. That camera cost her almost $700 and she would have been quite upset to lose it!

I saw that they separated the sisters, and that's really too bad. They were a lot of fun when they were chatting with each other and the guests. But it's great you got a FP for them!

I know you will really love 7DMT! The theming alone is worth the ride, and the ride itself is fun too!

That turkey sandwich at BOG is quite yummy!

I have only seen that PP there once, and that time they had a long line. They seem to only be there during busy times though.

The parade is wonderful! So funny you were watching it live that day! :goodvibes

Trying to catch up. I wanted one of those photos by Big Thunder but the guy was never there when we were. :(

Great pictures with Woody and Jessie.

And awesome parade pics. That is the one thing we didn't get to do on the trip so I thoroughly enjoyed your pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter