HELLLPPPPP! Grand Floridian vs. Beach Club vs. Polynesian

I just don’t know where I want to stay! I’ve been to Disney before but have never actually stayed at a resort, so I’m very excited. We’re a couple in our mid 30’s and early 40’s. No kids. Staying for only 3 nights. Been going back and forth between Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Polynesian. As far as parks go, we’re planning on Epcot, MK, and maybe HS. We love to eat, so hopefully somewhere with great food options. I just keep going back and forth and need to make a decision. Can someone pleeeease offer their opinion to sway me in a certain direction!
I recommend the Polynesian, due to the easy transportation to both MK & Epcot. All three of them are attractive, comfortable and well-themed, with good pools, although the pool complex at Beach Club is the best. The Polynesian's pool complex is second best- its hot tub is significantly better than the GF's, btw. You can't go wrong whichever one you choose. Just keep in mind that bus trips to and from MK will take a while if you stay at Beach Club. Some people like to dine in Epcot's World Showcase most nights, and if that's you, then Beach Club is the way to go. But if you really only plan to visit Epcot for full-day park visits and will be spending other full days at MK and other parks without returning to World Showcase at night, then I recommend a monorail resort. Nothing beats those for getting to and from MK, and Epcot is easy from the monorail station that's within walking distance of the Polynesian.

Last edited:
Having stayed at BC/YC many times, I would overwhelmingly recommend at YC. Stay at CL if you can, WV. You can see Epcot and HS fireworks from your full balcony. Easy walk to Epcot with all its restaurants or 15 minute walk to HS. Plus you have the boardwalk with its restaurants. Biggest and best Disney pool with Stormalong Bay with its great water slide. Many restaurants at YC and BC with Ale and Compass or Yachtman steakhouse plus beaches and cream ice cream parlor. Scents at the BC never bother me but sometimes you can smell the seafood buffet at night. Yacht Club is a bit more quiet. Plenty of bars such as crew cup, Martha Vineyard, or Hurricane Hanna’s. I have been lucky in my dozen stays at BC/YC never had a problem. Wonderful area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter