Hello 40! Butterbeer, Beads and Birthdays! 3/11-3/14 - Completed!

1tripandIfell

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my first ever trip report! 🎇 :welcome:🎇

Let's hope I do it some justice. A little bit of backstory...my DH turned 40 in December and I turn 40 on 3/13 :scared: Due to the whole "C" word making a comeback we had put off making any plans for either birthday. So about 2 weeks ago (While at a Harry Potter Themed Mardi Gras ball no less) the idea of going to universal came to us! (Me) So I started working on DH and how great of an idea it was I had a flight credit so we only had to book his flight and they were really great direct flight rates flying out of Louisiana. So we pulled the trigger and will be flying in to MCO landing at 7:45 am on 3/11. We will stay at the Endless Summer Surfside3 nights and fly back home at 5:00 pm 3/14/22. This will be our first trip alone with out DS or any friends so we are excited to have a trip where we can do what we want when we want. Our last trip was back in 2016!!! (pic below from that trip)

So far we have made 3 reservations. First one being Mythos for lunch at 12:00 on arrival day, dinner at Bigfire for 10:00 pm, and a birthday dinner for me at Bice for 8:00 pm.

I am a little unsure of the Bigfire reservation because we really want to enjoy the Lee Brice concert on 3/12 and were worried about being rushed and making our reservation but also don't want to be rushed when eating and holding up the staff. So I may change that one up a bit.

So the count down is on! 🎉🎉🎉 4 days left to go. This weekend I was thrown a surprise party by my husband and friends. The weather was amazing so had tons of fun. Boiled 4 sacks of crawfish! Broke out my shirt I bought to wear in the parks on my actual birthday. EA2A7EB8-ED07-459E-BC85-ED6AA1A954EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 153A1522-8408-4F4F-8071-1F1D867AC703.jpeg
    153A1522-8408-4F4F-8071-1F1D867AC703.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 37
  • 9D501490-5664-4A20-9FD7-2AEB9F4CE295.jpeg
    9D501490-5664-4A20-9FD7-2AEB9F4CE295.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 37

Happy birthday! We're almost the same age - I turned 40 in January. Looking forward to seeing your trip report! And let me just say as a Canadian I'm a tad jelly of your shorts situation there in the photo.

Happy birthday! We're almost the same age - I turned 40 in January. Looking forward to seeing your trip report! And let me just say as a Canadian I'm a tad jelly of your shorts situation there in the photo.

LOL...For the whole 5 mins it may be "cold" here is south Louisiana is about all I can take of the cold weather!

Following along!!! Great trip report so far. I can't wait to hear about Endless Summer. We are looking at that for a return trip with our kiddos.

Thank you....And it's actually an early birthday!! We don't leave until Friday the 11th and my birthday is on the 13th!
Our dd's birthday is the same day!!!! She turns 28...which makes me 29...ok...maybe 31 lol. DH and I just did a celebratory trip for our 50th birthday's. It was my dh's first time experiencing Universal and he loved it. We are planning a return trip soon with our ds's.

I can't wait to hear more.

Our dd's birthday is the same day!!!! She turns 28...which makes me 29...ok...maybe 31 lol. DH and I just did a celebratory trip for our 50th birthday's. It was my dh's first time experiencing Universal and he loved it. We are planning a return trip soon with our ds's.

I can't wait to hear more.

It was a great day to be born!! This will be our 3rd trip there but it’s safe to say I probably enjoy it a bit more than DH. He is afraid of heights so I’ll be taking the single rider line for Hulk, RRR and the new coaster. 🤣 He is a great sport though and since we won’t have DS or any friends I plan on doing all the cheesiness!

T-Minus 2…
So we are now down to 2 days and a wake up!!! Only plus about a last minute trip?? Short countdown! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
So we have our Mythos lunch resv. Scheduled for 12:30 on arrival day, Bigfire for dinner Saturday night and my birthday dinner at Bice on Sunday.
One thing I really love about trips is all of the reviews of restaurants and such with pics of meals. So I’ve gladly picked up a few tips along the way.

1. I will be ordering Voodoo donuts to pick up one night for breakfast the following morning using the mobile ordering
2. I will be getting a burger from Jake’s at some point (maybe dinner Friday or lunch Monday)
3. I will be getting a margarita from Margaritaville!!

I love your list as we frequent that list! 🤣
If you’re mobile ordering Voodoo during a weekend night, I highly recommend ordering and clicking on Prepare My Order an hour ahead. They get backed up weekend nights.

Jake’s burgers are the best!!

My favorite margarita from Margaritaville and/or their side window is called the Perfect Margarita. So good! Strong but truly Perfect!! Enjoy! Can’t wait to hear more!!

I love your list as we frequent that list! 🤣
If you’re mobile ordering Voodoo during a weekend night, I highly recommend ordering and clicking on Prepare My Order an hour ahead. They get backed up weekend nights.

Jake’s burgers are the best!!

My favorite margarita from Margaritaville and/or their side window is called the Perfect Margarita. So good! Strong but truly Perfect!! Enjoy! Can’t wait to hear more!!
Thanks! I LOVE a good marg so I’m super excited about that and the burger probably the most 🤣

T-Minus 2…
So we are now down to 2 days and a wake up!!! Only plus about a last minute trip?? Short countdown! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
So we have our Mythos lunch resv. Scheduled for 12:30 on arrival day, Bigfire for dinner Saturday night and my birthday dinner at Bice on Sunday.
One thing I really love about trips is all of the reviews of restaurants and such with pics of meals. So I’ve gladly picked up a few tips along the way.

1. I will be ordering Voodoo donuts to pick up one night for breakfast the following morning using the mobile ordering
2. I will be getting a burger from Jake’s at some point (maybe dinner Friday or lunch Monday)
3. I will be getting a margarita from Margaritaville!!

Last minute trips like yours are fun!!

You have some lovely plans there...... :thumbsup2

So the count down is on! 🎉🎉🎉 4 days left to go. This weekend I was thrown a surprise party by my husband and friends. The weather was amazing so had tons of fun. Boiled 4 sacks of crawfish! Broke out my shirt I bought to wear in the parks on my actual birthday. View attachment 652488

ahhh, crawfish!!!! This time of year always makes me miss Louisiana even more!!! We live in TN, but try and do crawfish at least once/season.
Hope y'all have an awesome trip. Happy birthdays to all. We're arriving the day y'all are leaving. Looking forward to reading about all of your experiences. Have fun!!!

ahhh, crawfish!!!! This time of year always makes me miss Louisiana even more!!! We live in TN, but try and do crawfish at least once/season.
Hope y'all have an awesome trip. Happy birthdays to all. We're arriving the day y'all are leaving. Looking forward to reading about all of your experiences. Have fun!!!

Hopefully there is a good season this year!! We actually ended up boiling again on Sunday because we were so busy visiting with everyone neither one of us ate any and were dif craving some!!

Enjoy!! I thought I had an idea of what I was packing but of course...Weather! So now I am pivoting :rotfl2:looking like a little cooler and possible wet weather than we were hoping for.

Well tomorrow is the morning!! :jumping1:
We fly out of New Orleans at 5:00 am! 😳 so we will be leaving our house at 1:30am. We could have driven the hour and a half drive and stayed the night but figured sleeping in our bed is worth the lose of an hour sleep. Plus we have 3 mini schnauzers and our older 2 will be staying home and taken care of by our great neighbor.

Due to the rain anticipated on Saturday I did tweak our plans and swapped our Mythos lunch reservation from tomorrow and move it to Saturday. Plus weather permitting we plan on doing parade and Lee Brice concert so it will be a super late dinner. We made reservations at Bigfire for 10:00.

Here are my 3 sweet babies! Of course Della my oldest doesn’t like to be held too much. I promise we love her too and she isn’t as miserable as she always looks 🤣

We fly out of New Orleans at 5:00 am! 😳 so we will be leaving our house at 1:30am. We could have driven the hour and a half drive and stayed the night but figured sleeping in our bed is worth the lose of an hour sleep. Plus we have 3 mini schnauzers and our older 2 will be staying home and taken care of by our great neighbor.

Due to the rain anticipated on Saturday I did tweak our plans and swapped our Mythos lunch reservation from tomorrow and move it to Saturday. Plus weather permitting we plan on doing parade and Lee Brice concert so it will be a super late dinner. We made reservations at Bigfire for 10:00.

Here are my 3 sweet babies! Of course Della my oldest doesn’t like to be held too much. I promise we love her too and she isn’t as miserable as she always looks 🤣

View attachment 653425

Cute doggies......

Have a safe journey and look forward to reading about your trip!!

Have fun!!!! Let the butterbeer and other beverages start to flow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter