Hello from OK!

Boomer Sooner! We're OU fans as well. Actually I'm a student there at the moment.

Hey, maybe you can change your trip to the end of July & be there witht he rest of us! :rotfl:

We went for Christmas in 06, dd's birthday is the 23rd so it was her birthday trip (8th). She got to plan her day, we went to Donald's for breakfast at AK, then had a BBB apointment that afternoon and ended the day with dinner & a special cake at Chef Mickeys. It was a perfect day. She absolutely loved the BBB.

soonerlpn - Are you going to any character meals? We love to go for birthdays, bet your ds would love it too.

Planning on doing Crystal Palace, Ohana and 1900 Park Fare...I believe those are all character meals right? His birthday is the 22nd but we will be celebrating it all week long!! :cool1:

Do NOT get me started on that game...still nauseated when I think about it..bad just very very bad.... :confused3 thats all I could do after the game...ugghhhhhhhhhhhh! BUT I will ALWAYS love my boys..BOOMER SOONER!

Planning on doing Crystal Palace, Ohana and 1900 Park Fare...I believe those are all character meals right? His birthday is the 22nd but we will be celebrating it all week long!! :cool1:

Do NOT get me started on that game...still nauseated when I think about it..bad just very very bad.... :confused3 thats all I could do after the game...ugghhhhhhhhhhhh! BUT I will ALWAYS love my boys..BOOMER SOONER!

Yes those are all character meals, Ohana is if you are going in the morning. Crystal Palace is Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet & Tigger. Ohana is Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & I think it is Pluto. 1900 Park Fare is Cinderella, the Prince, & I think usually the fairy godmother & the mice - Suzie & Perla.

Make sure to ask for birthday buttons at guest services at the parks. If this is your first trip also let them know when you check in and they will give you a special first visit button.

Just to let you guys know, we have been multiple times. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or pm me. I would be glad to help.

That game was just bad. As was the TT game. They have got to do something and start winning in the post season. It is high time we had another national championship! I don't know anyone that wasn't fuming after the game.

Okay gals, I thought I found DIS to forget about the game I don't remember being played on Jan 2...LOL

Yes, funny how my buddy found me. My user name is OU1247
OU#1 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We love our Sooners.

We will be there on our 18th Wedding anniversary. Will they do anything fun for us?

We are going July 16-22, had to move it due to hubbies work but hey that's okay....We just booked Coronado Springs Resort.

We are doing the food package as well and after looking at the food thread on here...I will need to bring elastic shorts....LOL

Anytips would be great.
I have 2 boys...We have a soft spot for CHIP CHIP and DALE. How do I find a char. Dinner with them?

I know why someone is having a meal with POOH....LOL

You KNOW we have to take a pic with POOH!! lol...I think Garden Grill in Epcot has Chip and Dale...might look there! Maybe we can meet up on the 21st and have a big OU party in the middle of Disney!! :banana:

Okay gals, I thought I found DIS to forget about the game I don't remember being played on Jan 2...LOL

Yes, funny how my buddy found me. My user name is OU1247
OU#1 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We love our Sooners.

We will be there on our 18th Wedding anniversary. Will they do anything fun for us?

We are going July 16-22, had to move it due to hubbies work but hey that's okay....We just booked Coronado Springs Resort.

We are doing the food package as well and after looking at the food thread on here...I will need to bring elastic shorts....LOL

Anytips would be great.
I have 2 boys...We have a soft spot for CHIP CHIP and DALE. How do I find a char. Dinner with them?

I know why someone is having a meal with POOH....LOL

Well if it makes you feel any better they didn't play that game. I have no idea who that was playing!

Well, I believe they have anniversary buttons too. Let them know it is your anniversary on your reservation if. Sometimes they do things, sometimes they do. See if they have anniversary buttons at the resort when you check in. If they don't then ask at guest services at one of the parks. Also have it noted on any dining reservation you make for that day.

Soonerlpn - If I didn't say it before also have your ds's birthday noted onn your room & dining reservations.

We have done the dining plan twice but probably won't do it again. Once they took the tip out of it we no longer will break even. We didn't eat at the really expensive places, just the ones we normally do so even when we did use it we barely saved anything with it before. We never did it like others and try to maximize the savings, we just ate at the places we normally eat at and added in Le Cellier because I had always wanted to try it but never would shell out the money for it before. Now we are hooked there.

Chip & Dale are at Garden Grill like soonerlpn said. They are also at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club for breakfast and they are at Chef Mickey's. Garden Grill (lunch & dinner) is good, but not one of our favorites. We have never eaten at Cape May but have hear it is one of the better character meals. Chef Mickey's (breakfast & dinner) is something we do every trip, sometimes for breakfast and dinner. The only other tips I have for dining are to decide right now where you want to eat and go ahead and call to get your reservations. Don't take the chance with the dining plan of not having your TS meals reserved as closeto the 10 day mark as possible or you may have to eat at times you don't want to.

Our new favorite place to eat dinner is Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot. My kids are 9 & 16 and they love it! We also like to eat dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a fun place but is very loud. The waiters/waitresses are obnoxious but it is all in fun. They do stick pony races around the restaurant for the kids. And if you eat there make sure you ask or ketchup. Also we really enjoy eating at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs, it is a great deal for a CS restaurant on the dining plan.

Character meals we do every trip are Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Donald's Breakfastosaurus (now Donalds Safari Breakfast) at AK and now Ohana at the Polynesian (which is now becoming favorite). If your boys are stitch fans it is really great.

How old are your boys? Soonerlpn you just have the one, right? And he is going to turn 6 while at Disney.

Mandilyn how old are yours?

Maybe I can give better tips if I know how old the kids are. Also what kind of park tickets are you all getting?

You KNOW we have to take a pic with POOH!! lol...I think Garden Grill in Epcot has Chip and Dale...might look there! Maybe we can meet up on the 21st and have a big OU party in the middle of Disney!! :banana:

Sounds great!

Mandilyn how old are yours?

I have a 5 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. I did go ahead and make ADR for CRT for Breakfast, O'hanas, Chefy Mickey's, and Coral Reef (Dinners). I didn't have any problems getting our reservations even though I called after the 180 days. I'm hoping that means it won't be too busy while we're there! :rotfl:

Mandilyn - you do know that Ohana is not a character meal for dinner, right?

I know lots of people love to eat there for dinner. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

You are going early enough in May that you should have nice weather and lighter crowds. Wish I was going then.

Neat to meet all these great new Okies!

My boys are 12 and 8, we are so looking forward to it.

Welcome o the DIS! Have a great trip in May.

Where did everyone go? Did I scare all of you away?

Hope you are all having fun planning your trips.

Where did everyone go? Did I scare all of you away?

Hope you are all having fun planning your trips.

Hey! I'm still here planning. School starts again next week though, so I'm trying to get a lot of planning in this week. :rotfl:

What school does your daughter teach at? My daughter is at Northmoor, but will be switching to Bryant next year.

Hey ou1247 :hug: I'm SO gald you are on the board!!

I know I threw a lot at you today on the phone was reading your thread and wanted to add a few comments...

Of all the chip and dale meals mentioned I like the breakfast at cape may the mostest!! It's located in the BC hotel. between MGM and Epcot. Across the street from the ESPN club @ BW (*that mention was for the DH* :cheer2: )

some good info here http://www.allearsnet.com/

Another safety tip I tell all my friends is before you leave the hotel every morning take a pic of your kids, on vacation all the outfits run together and if I were asked "what was he wearing" I'd have a picture to show them. Also we put my DH's business card on his person.

I've also found these are some of my fave pics because he always looks good and by day 6 or 7 they get kinda

GOOFY.jpg

I'll keep thinking...

Hey! I'm still here planning. School starts again next week though, so I'm trying to get a lot of planning in this week. :rotfl:

What school does your daughter teach at? My daughter is at Northmoor, but will be switching to Bryant next year.

She teaches at Fairview. It is the one that that is over on 89th Street between May & Penn. Not a great area but she loves the kids there.

Hey ou1247 :hug: I'm SO gald you are on the board!!

I know I threw a lot at you today on the phone was reading your thread and wanted to add a few comments...

Of all the chip and dale meals mentioned I like the breakfast at cape may the mostest!! It's located in the BC hotel. between MGM and Epcot. Across the street from the ESPN club @ BW (*that mention was for the DH* :cheer2: )

some good info here http://www.allearsnet.com/

Another safety tip I tell all my friends is before you leave the hotel every morning take a pic of your kids, on vacation all the outfits run together and if I were asked "what was he wearing" I'd have a picture to show them. Also we put my DH's business card on his person.

I've also found these are some of my fave pics because he always looks good and by day 6 or 7 they get kinda

GOOFY.jpg

I'll keep thinking...

Another Okie huh?

Yes star is another Okie in the Tulsa Area and also another SOONER FANATIC.

Thanks again for all your help today! It is so exciting!

OU1247...what are yalls plans on the 21st? That Monday? Are you all going to a park or having dinner? Jalen and I will be getting there around 2...let me know!

Just saw your Adoptive Sooner...LOL!

I will check with my WDW planner aka MIKE and let ya know.
That is our anniversary so we will probably eat a nice dinner that night.

We will be there until the 24th (leaving that morning early) We added a day!

We so need to do something together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter