Help! - Adding extra day for one person on vacation package

b33ching

Earning My Ears
Hi there! I have an upcoming trip planned in September and we booked a vacation package through Disney with 4-day tickets. The people in my travel party only want to do 4 days in the parks and 2 rest days, but I would like to do one extra day in the parks. We are staying 7 nights. I contacted Disney and they said if I want to add an extra day prior to my arrival, everyone booked on the package would need to add an extra day.

Does anyone know if I can add an extra day just for myself when we arrive at our hotel and check-in? Alternatively we would have to book a room-only reservation, and then purchase the tickets separately. But we don't want to do that as we'd like to keep everything linked as one vacation package.

My other worry is that if I wait until check-in to add an extra day, there may not be any more reservations available for the park I want to visit.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you getting any kind of special discount on the package? If not, you're probably better off switching to room only and separate tickets anyways. AAA members and a few other affinity groups can get the tickets at a small discount, even if Disney isn't offering anything themselves.

It takes 5 minutes to link tickets to My Disney Experience, and once you've done that there's not really any convenience you're losing versus a package.

I could be totally wrong but you just want a 5th day on your admission ticket? Sounds like you don't want to add another day to your resort reservation? Can you just buy a one day ticket for yourself? Not tied to your reservation, you will lose on site perks.
Not sure if this is an option.
Good luck.

Correct, everyone on a "package" reservation must have exactly the same package components -- same tickets, same room, dining if that ever comes back.

You should be able to add a day to just your ticket once you arrive. That is assuming there are theme park reservations available. If traveling at a very busy time (like this past week), it wouldn't have been an option.

As PP mentions, you could drop the tickets from the room reservation, leaving just a "basic package" which is essentially a room-only using the package PIF and cancellation rules. Buy the tickets separately so everyone gets the length of ticket they want. The downside to this is that the tickets must be paid in-full at purchase and are not refundable (though it will retain a credit value towards future tickets).

Purchasing an extra 1-day ticket is likely considerably more expensive than adding a 5th day to a multi-day ticket. But it is an option.

Thanks for everyone's responses. We ended up changing our package to a room only and purchasing tickets separately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter