Help, cancel because of the fire?

I'm in the same boat. I have until tomorrow to cancel my hotel. I'm not sure I will even be able to drive there from phoenix on Friday. What is a good website to track the fire and road closures?

We are leaving on Wednesday too, and I had no idea about the fires! I think if we were to cancel our hotel now, we'd be out the first night, but if the air quality is bad it might be worth the loss. Same question as above: where do we find out more information? It looks like one fire might be at the 91?

If your staying a little bit aways from DLR, the air quality didn't seem too bad. I was at Knotts yesterday and aside from the orange sun, the air wasn't bad. Some workers were wearing masks but it was more of a precaution for themselves. We also didn't get any falling ash either. There were a few ride closures due to the high winds.

I wouldn't cancel your vacations. The air quality right now is at 62 in Anaheim, which is moderate (<=50 is good). I live in an area that is hit with smoke from wildfires every summer and we had a couple weeks this year where the air quality was around 160-200 from wildfires, which is unhealthy and crossed into 'very unhealthy' a few times. It made our throats scratchy, but we didn't hide indoors. I even went out for a few short runs early in the morning and noticed no ill effects. Of course those with sensitive lungs would react differently.

For those thinking of getting a mask to protect from wildfire smoke, please note you need to get ones that actually filter out particulates. The mask should have NIOSH and either N95 or P100 printed on it. https://airnow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212303357-Will-a-mask-protect-me-from-wildfire-smoke-

I'm in the same boat. I have until tomorrow to cancel my hotel. I'm not sure I will even be able to drive there from phoenix on Friday. What is a good website to track the fire and road closures?

There are no current road closures that will affect you. The only road closed is part of the 241 toll road south of 91.

We have had to deal with wild fires all summer here in Portland. Hopefully they can get it contained. I am driving from Portland, Oregon on Saturday. Arriving on Sunday and staying at the Portfolio for a week.

I hope everyone is safe down there.

If anyone is in the parks today (10/10) or tomorrow (10/11), I'd love to get a first-hand report on the air quality. Thank you!
Maybe post your request as it's own thread, you'll cast a slightly broader net than just within this thread and time is obviously of the essence for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter