HELP! EBTA cruisers, didn't leave the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, so happy this has been resolved for everyone! This would have stressed me out SO MUCH. Enjoy all your future travels!!

Whoop whoop finally showing as departed. So can’t wait for my holiday on 21st December and entering with no issues ttxx 👍🥰

I would still take documents with me which could explain everything. Read online that the cbp suggest that in similar cases.

oh phew, at least its sorted. As someone who travels on an ESTA this has seriously spooked me and I very much doubt I will do an EBTA cruise with Disney.

No one is sure it was a Disney issue. No one is sure it was a Miami Immigration issue. No one here know for sure who dropped the ball.

makes no difference to me who dropped the ball, the fact that it happened is enough to spook me. Once is too much for me, when it comes to the ESTA and my eligibility to enter USA. At least with my flights, I trust the airline more than Disney or The Port of Miami, I only fly to USA with Aer Lingus, the Irish airline.

Thanks for sharing here! I just checked it and we also have a departure date. Seriously I‘m sitting here with tears in my eyes because it‘s a huge relief.
Even if Disney took care of it (I think we will never know), I‘m not sure if we will stick to them in the future. Still disappointed how they treated us.
Yes, I’m still going to send my complaint as it might be even more valid then before, since they STILL didn’t send an UPDATE! It took my husband nervously checking three times a day (insecure about his future job options because of this, not holidays to WDW) to find out! Seriously Disney!!

Yes, I’m still going to send my complaint as it might be even more valid then before, since they STILL didn’t send an UPDATE! It took my husband nervously checking three times a day (insecure about his future job options because of this, not holidays to WDW) to find out! Seriously Disney!!
it's possible that it wasn't Disney's fault and hence it wasn't fixed by Disney... maybe your inquiry triggered the agency to look at what happened and they figured out where it went wrong and fixed it for everyone once they saw what was missed, and Disney has no idea because the government would have no reason to inform Disney of their resolution.

regardless I'm glad it's been cleared up for you and everyone else.

it's possible that it wasn't Disney's fault and hence it wasn't fixed by Disney... maybe your inquiry triggered the agency to look at what happened and they figured out where it went wrong and fixed it for everyone once they saw what was missed, and Disney has no idea because the government would have no reason to inform Disney of their resolution.

This is what I'm thinking happened.

This is what I'm thinking happened.
and all's well that ends well. Anyone who didn't realize that there was a problem with the paperwork now will probably never know. Perhaps that is the reason that Disney did not want to send out an alert to every non-US traveler and set off a panic storm for so many people. It was tremendously stressful for those who did know about it but perhaps they realized that something that was missed for an ENTIRE ship full of people would have to be resolved on the large scale and not in a piecemeal way by individual appeals. Of course we will never know exactly what happened behind closed doors, whose fault it is and how exactly it got resolved but it sounds like whatever wasn't filed for the whole ship was found and filed properly. Whenever humans are involved, mistakes will happen, but I am very to hear that it was able to be corrected and so quickly in terms of how long these things usually take so everyone can stop stressing about it.

makes no difference to me who dropped the ball, the fact that it happened is enough to spook me. Once is too much for me, when it comes to the ESTA and my eligibility to enter USA. At least with my flights, I trust the airline more than Disney or The Port of Miami, I only fly to USA with Aer Lingus, the Irish airline.
All cruise lines have been doing transatlantic crossings for years. This was most likely just a fluke thing. I wouldn't let it dictate your future vacation choices.

and all's well that ends well. Anyone who didn't realize that there was a problem with the paperwork now will probably never know. Perhaps that is the reason that Disney did not want to send out an alert to every non-US traveler and set off a panic storm for so many people. It was tremendously stressful for those who did know about it but perhaps they realized that something that was missed for an ENTIRE ship full of people would have to be resolved on the large scale and not in a piecemeal way by individual appeals. Of course we will never know exactly what happened behind closed doors, whose fault it is and how exactly it got resolved but it sounds like whatever wasn't filed for the whole ship was found and filed properly. Whenever humans are involved, mistakes will happen, but I am very to hear that it was able to be corrected and so quickly in terms of how long these things usually take so everyone can stop stressing about it.
So Disney is Schreuderings cat?

Why would you assume that they are lying? It goes both ways.

Since I specifically said "not saying they didn't", I clearly am not assuming that they are lying.

ETA - Now seeing that everything was cleared up. That is great news (no matter how the problem occurred).

Since I specifically said "not saying they didn't", I clearly am not assuming that they are lying.

ETA - Now seeing that everything was cleared up. That is great news (no matter how the problem occurred).
Completely agree! I said before, I really don't care who caused it or who fixes it. As long as it's either fixed ship wide OR people are notified so they can start the process to get it fixed themselves

Whoop whoop finally showing as departed. So can’t wait for my holiday on 21st December and entering with no issues ttxx 👍🥰
But i’m taking the credit for providing the information and liaising with CBP and thank you to my fellow cruisers for raising on the “other social media” platform. I now know about the I-94 and I’ll be checking this each time I leave the States ttxx

It seems like Disney was able to fix it after all.
Unbeknownst to me, my husband had been checking our status on the CBP page three times a day ever since I gave him the address (two weeks ago). He showed me tonight and we have a departure date! It’s even the correct one. We don’t have a location though, but I don’t think that matters.
I posted it on social media and it seems like everybody’s got it. That’s why I suspect the solution came from Disney, only one other family got the notification they had supplied enough evidence. Not that they told us or anything...
I think we should take the credit here as we are the ones that engaged with CBP, I am 🥰ttxx

I think we should take the credit here as we are the ones that engaged with CBP, I am 🥰ttxx
Oh I'm certainly taking credit ;) but more for kicking Disney. I doubt CBP connected the dots on it's own as a lot of people weren't that far in the process yet.
But I also don't really care how it got resolved, as long as it got resolved. FOR EVERYONE!

So Disney is Schreuderings cat?
I know you blame Disney for all of this and feel they should have informed everyone of their immigration status.

But there are two possibilities here:
1) Someone messed up YOUR immigration status ONLY. There is absolutely no reason for them to inform the rest of the ship that one person's status got messed up and set off a whirlwind of panic among people for no reason.
2) it was a widespread problem and once the proper government agencies were alerted to the problem they would undo the mistake that had been made ship-wide. Also no reason for them to inform the rest of the ship because it would not be handled on an appeal by appeal individual basis, but rather on a shipwide basis.

either way, I agree with their decision to not send out an email setting off mass panic among every non-US cruiser - which is your major beef with them at this point. It would have been a customer service nightmare as your upsetness in this thread would have been multiplied by lord knows how many cruisers... people upset about their status, people not knowing how to navigate the government bureaucracy and wanting Disney to intervene in something that that they are saying they could not intervene in... all for what? For something that in the end was a paperwork screw-up that was fixed ship-wide in a pretty short time. and no paradox required.

I know you think you MUST know what went on internally, but no one does. Whatever happened, the mistake was found and corrected without a lengthy individual appeals process and this is the best possible outcome for everyone. So go ahead and blame Disney but it seems like in the end the prudent decision was for Disney NOT to send out an email to every non-US cruiser, to not set off mass panic, there was ultimately no pressing time constraint over fixing this compelling Disney to inform people very very quickly as in your "life or death situation" metaphor. It was, as I said, a paperwork snafu and I'm very happy that it was ultimately resolved. The only one that can change your status with the government is the government and we will never know exactly what set that off but I'm glad for everyone on your cruise that the mistake was found and corrected.

I know you blame Disney for all of this and feel they should have informed everyone of their immigration status.

But there are two possibilities here:
1) Someone messed up YOUR immigration status ONLY. There is absolutely no reason for them to inform the rest of the ship that one person's status got messed up and set off a whirlwind of panic among people for no reason.
2) it was a widespread problem and once the proper government agencies were alerted to the problem they would undo the mistake that had been made ship-wide. Also no reason for them to inform the rest of the ship because it would not be handled on an appeal by appeal individual basis, but rather on a shipwide basis.

either way, I agree with their decision to not send out an email setting off mass panic among every non-US cruiser - which is your major beef with them at this point. It would have been a customer service nightmare as your upsetness in this thread would have been multiplied by lord knows how many cruisers... people upset about their status, people not knowing how to navigate the government bureaucracy and wanting Disney to intervene in something that that they are saying they could not intervene in... all for what? For something that in the end was a paperwork screw-up that was fixed ship-wide in a pretty short time. and no paradox required.

I know you think you MUST know what went on internally, but no one does. Whatever happened, the mistake was found and corrected without a lengthy individual appeals process and this is the best possible outcome for everyone. So go ahead and blame Disney but it seems like in the end the prudent decision was for Disney NOT to send out an email to every non-US cruiser, to not set off mass panic, there was ultimately no pressing time constraint over fixing this compelling Disney to inform people very very quickly as in your "life or death situation" metaphor. It was, as I said, a paperwork snafu and I'm very happy that it was ultimately resolved. The only one that can change your status with the government is the government and we will never know exactly what set that off but I'm glad for everyone on your cruise that the mistake was found and corrected.
Can I please request you not not reply in this thread again? You've shown time and time again you refuse to read anything I say and I really can't use the added frustration from this anymore. There is really no need to keep coming after me.
I've reported your post

Can I please request you not not reply in this thread again? You've shown time and time again you refuse to read anything I say and I really can't use the added frustration from this anymore. There is really no need to keep coming after me.
I've reported your post
I'm not "coming after you." It is my interpretation of the situation that Disney likely did not do anything wrong, and this is a discussion on a Disney forum. It has also always been my wish in nearly every post that the situation get resolved for everyone, including you. And regret that you are going through so much stress. There was absolutely no malice but just an attempt to show an alternate point of view beyond that of someone who is understandably very stressed and upset by a stressful and upsetting situation. Now there is at least one person reading this thread who has decided that Disney is too dangerous to sail with again because this has happened, so I have been trying to provide an alternate viewpoint about it for anyone else reading.

Of course you are asking me questions and then requesting I don't answer them so I will stop there and I won't answer "your" thread on a public board anymore. It is just my hope that providing an alternate outlook on the events that transpired to anyone reading this will help them not distrust Disney with their family vacations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter