HELP! I hate mt InSTEP dble. sport utility stroller

Threehearts

DIS Veteran
I was so hopeful that I could use this stroller w/ a 35 and 40 lb. kid. After I took it out of the box(JCPenney-69 dollars w/code and 24 dollars shipping) I realized that the front wheels don't lock. When the stroller is folded up the big SUV wheels just spin and spin- unsafe and terrible feature for airline travel. The telescoping handles are not padded and hurt your grip after awhile. The only thing that holds this very heavy(by umbrella standards) and unwieldy stoller together when it is folded is a thin strap connected by a SNAP. Once I unfolded it, I could never get the strap refastened even w/ a neighbor helping.
The top of the under carriage baskets have metal cross-bars across the top of them so don't dream of stashing a backpack or purse there. The very worst feature is the metal crossbar across the back of the semi-reclining seats. My son sat in the stroller after school today and wanted to know why that metal point kept digging into his head and back. This goes back in the morning! Any other questions, I'll be happy to answer. I will just stick to my Kolcraft double umbrella for now even though my kids cannot rest comfortably in it(their heads are WAY over the top. Threehearts

I've never tried the InStep but I can sympathesize with you on strollers. Every time we plan a new trip to WDW (about 2x ayear) I start thinking about strollers. I've tried the Kolcraft double side by side, my big old Kolcraft front to back (by far my favorite even though it's so big and heavy), two umbrellas fastened with connectors, and a Sit n' Stand. Our DDs will be 7, 5 and 2 when we're there so we've signed up for the Stroller Swap on this board for the baby and we're going to rent for the older two but only if we absolutely HAVE to. Our next trip is in October and the parks aren't open too late so we're hoping that we won't need a stroller for the older two. We'll see. Good luck to you on your quest for the perfect double stroller. If you find it, let us all know because we'll rush out to get it!!!

Not sure if I have to return mine yet (delivery is tmrw) but I already know that the site I bought it from stinks as far as returns go (meaning forget it)

But, I was looking at the instep website and maybe they could help...can't hurt...

http://instep.net/pages/faq.php

UPDATE: Ended up being pretty happy with mine! I'd still recommend you get in touch with either instep or schwinn and see what they can do for you though...

Sorry you were disappointed...:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter