Help !!! I just got a call from DSVC saying that

After everything, how was your trip ?

• It went great, no problems.

• It had a few problems, but they were fixed nicely and quickly.

• It had a few problems and it was not fixed to my satisfaction but was attempted.

• It had problems and we did not get what was promised.

• The change was a disaster and I am still upset.

• Explain what happened.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why call it member satisfaction team, instead of members' dissatisfaction team? And why don't the fat cats that made this lame decision man the phones, rather than low level CMs, and fields the calls from the members. What does Jim Lewis have to say about that suggestion? Or does he, or any of the other head honchos monitor these boards?
I'm bent out of shape over this, and AKV isn't even my home resort; its SSR.

:lmao: I would love to see them answer the phones. :dance3:

One more day and then I can sit and wait for them to clal me back and find out what they were trying to tell my DH on Friday when they called.

I can't wait to see what they are saying and if they are offering what I asked of them, then I won't be writing to anyone until after my stay. If they still fail to offer comparative, then I will take it to a higher level now and again will be writing about my stay afterwards.

I left a detail message for my DVC Guide, Cynthia, on Friday and she happened to return my call while we weren't home. She said that this was the first she heard about the AKV situation as we were the first of her clients to call. She said there is nothing she can do because she works in a totally different department than those who deal with reservations. She said she wouldn't be able to do anything other than what I can do.
I think we are done with DVC. We received MUCH better customer service when we were cash paying customers.
We were even thinking of adding more points but now I am leary or making any reservations as DVC members since this has left a very bad taste in our mouths.

I left a detail message for my DVC Guide, Cynthia, on Friday and she happened to return my call while we weren't home. She said that this was the first she heard about the AKV situation as we were the first of her clients to call. She said there is nothing she can do because she works in a totally different department than those who deal with reservations. She said she wouldn't be able to do anything other than what I can do.
I think we are done with DVC. We received MUCH better customer service when we were cash paying customers.
We were even thinking of adding more points but now I am leary or making any reservations as DVC members since this has left a very bad taste in our mouths.

Thats exactly what I did...just cancelled my BCV add-on yesterday. This was one of many contributing factors for this. Just a bad taste. I don't want to commit any further, I'm taking a wait and see approach to these situations.

Thats exactly what I did...just cancelled my BCV add-on yesterday. This was one of many contributing factors for this. Just a bad taste. I don't want to commit any further, I'm taking a wait and see approach to these situations.

I hope you let them know why you were cancelling your add-on.

After everything, I was still going to check out GCV this week, until they pulled this. You get caught up in the excitement and newness of the resorts and things do tend to work themselves out with DVC, like with the pool temps and the glassware. But look at how hard we have to fight!! Tooth and nail to get real glass!:confused3 Now we have to fight them to even get a comparable room replacement:confused3

I've said it once and I will say it again, Jim Lewis is behind all of this! Did he decide to take AKV units out of service, no but I bet he is pushing the buttons on how all this is handled. He can't stand the DIS. The fact that we are vocal and share our experiences. We would have full blown WestGate on our hands if he ran it the way he really wants.

I would not have purchased DVC if it were not for the owners here on the Dis extolling its benefits. It is still this way for many that purchase. They research, ask other members etc. The guides don't sell DVC. They don't even scratch the surface. Most of them don't understand DVC the way that many here do. Besides, most of the good guides have left and are being replaced with timeshare rejects.

I apologize to the guy that ran DVC before JL. I thought he didnt do enough. JL is doing too much and hurting the membership. He has been dogging the membership since he took over. When he announced that SSR would almost double in size at the 2004 member homecoming, I should have took a hint then.

Ever since then, he has been selling us like T-shirts to all the Disney Divisions. those that oppose him, quickly got the hint and left.
DVC sold us to AKV as we could help their bottom line. We are supposed to stay quiet, take what they give us and spend all our money. That's how we were treated on DCL in 2006. That's why the Member Cruise is at the height of hurricane season. Even DCL felt bad for the members, because once DVC got us on the ship, they treated us like checkbooks and barely had anything scheduled that wasnt a marketing event. DCL started adding small activities back to the schedule that they previously cleared for DVC.

Everyone should let them know how you feel. There are so many violations to the written POS in this situation and Florida timeshare law that it's not even funny. Bait and switch comes to mind.:sad2:

Well, I got "THE CALL". After Maggie telling me Thursday that our reservation was not impacted by the construction just a few minutes ago Mary called to tell me we've been moved.

DH can't believe I'm not freaking out but I'm trying to look at the bright side and since this is a suprise trip for the kids I'm trying to keep it that way.

We've been moved to a 1br BWV garden/pool view with points returned fully bankable and access to the BWI concierge lounge.

I asked about bedding for our 5th person, I don't think one of my children should have to sleep on the floor because they cannot find accomodations that fit our family size. I also asked about having access to the AKL lounge to see/experience what they offer. Mary is going to check on those and get back to me by Tuesday. DH is pretty steamed, I'm sure we'll be sending letters all the way to the top.

Must run, have to go to the park with the kids. Will be back later.

Well, I got "THE CALL". After Maggie telling me Thursday that our reservation was not impacted by the construction just a few minutes ago Mary called to tell me we've been moved.

DH can't believe I'm not freaking out but I'm trying to look at the bright side and since this is a suprise trip for the kids I'm trying to keep it that way.

We've been moved to a 1br BWV garden/pool view with points returned fully bankable and access to the BWI concierge lounge.

I asked about bedding for our 5th person, I don't think one of my children should have to sleep on the floor because they cannot find accomodations that fit our family size. I also asked about having access to the AKL lounge to see/experience what they offer. Mary is going to check on those and get back to me by Tuesday. DH is pretty steamed, I'm sure we'll be sending letters all the way to the top.

Oh no, that is terrible. Looks like I'll be getting that dreaded call too. I was told Friday that our reservation would not be affected. :confused3

I'm sorry, IrishDancer. Its bad enough that we were hit with this out of the blue, but for others of you to be told you are okay and then get the call a couple of days later...that makes it even worse!!

Guess we will see you at BWV. I hoped some of us would be spared.

What makes me craziest is the way we were told so many different things. Everyone, not everyone, all floors, just the 6th floor, concierge only, lounge closed, no its not. I mean, a little bit of organization would have gone a long way as far as I am concerned.

Oh that Maggie, lol...

I am going to have a full fledge meltdown.
This has been a horrific year for me and my family. My daughter has been through a horrible ordeal and we all have gone through it with her. She nearly had died and is still recovering. We still do not know what the future holds. Our only bright spot has been this trip we have planned for nearly a year now. Our first time in concierge and our first time as a family at AKV along with a family who are our best friends.
I was told Friday all was well with my reservations and now that I know people are still getting "the call" I am about to cry.
This is not something I need right now. The stress on me is unbearable and this is the last straw. If my "call" comes, it is not going to be pretty.
Please pray for me that we won't be affected. My family can not take another heartbreak this year.

When I worked at a hotel years ago if we messed up a reservation we paid for their room at another hotel and provided transportation for them to and from. I think everyone affected should receive rooms elsewhere and all points returned to their account with the points being bankable.

Standard operating procedures on rehabs at Disney properties is planning WELL in advance to keep things such as this happening. I'd like to know what the heck happened here? Someone not only dropped the ball, they dropped it kicked it into the woods and then didn't go look for it for six months. Someone's head should roll for such a screw up, unfortunately it is usually not the one who actually caused the problem who gets the blame.

Someone is dropping something somewhere! Usually operational updates are scheduled way in advance. I wish I was going to be there on the 4th and/or 3rd to attend this possible "press event" I can get it later off their press website but still!! If I were there, then I could at least let you all know what was going on.

Mere hours from now I expect to get my "magic" phone call and hope the "approval" is for something good. My DH only remembers that they said they were witing on approval for something.

So angry right now, I could scream.

Just went on Disney.com. Put in my 9 people and my dates. Guess what popped right up?

A 3BR GRAND VILLA AT OLD KEY WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrgh. "We cannot find a bigger room for you" Bull. I understand that it is moved into cash inventory, but they can't use it at all?

I am shaking, I am so angry. "you can bring an air mattress if you want!"

Thanks. I will be on the phone at 9am. :mad:

Oh that is just ridiculous. The whole situation is. I hope they will do the right thing and put you in a room that actually FITS your party.

OMG! I am so sorry for what you are going through! I just can't believe it! Good luck tomorrow. :hug:

Just went on Disney.com. Put in my 9 people and my dates. Guess what popped right up?

Arrrrrgh. "We cannot find a bigger room for you" Bull. I understand that it is moved into cash inventory, but they can't use it at all?

I hope they give it to you! It is not your fault that they messed up. Now maybe if they had a plan before they called evryone and they all knew what was going on........

Sending some karma your way to get that GV !

who has anyone been writing to? I have written to the member satisfaction team only. (If you want to see what I wrote please PM me and I will send a copy, warning it is longish) Who else should I write to?

Before I write anymore though, I will be waiting for my phone call tomorrow and depending on what it says will set my irritation in the letter. Will I be irritated that it is still not taken care or be slightly less irritated but still bugged about how poor this was handled and that I hope that they take care of everyone else as well as they did me?

I asked about bedding for our 5th person, I don't think one of my children should have to sleep on the floor because they cannot find accomodations that fit our family size. .

YOU CANT HAVE 5 IN A 1BR AT BWV!

How can they get away with this?

Make sure you print screened that page and save it to your computer.
If they still say nothing available, email them the document to prove it.

Good luck!
I've been watching this thread and they're royally p-me-off and I'm not even directly affected... :mad:
Keep us updated won't you... :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter