Help! I've changed my plans and the money is escalating

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
I guess I should have planned a little better before jumping in...

I have decided to extend my stay. Now we will be leaving 11/29 arriving in Orlando ~10 PM, staying at Sierra Suites one night and then off to POR. Originally we were going to leave POR on Dec 6th for home. But I changed the air tix to leave Dec 8th (9 AM). The reason is so we can spend two days at US/IOA without cutting into our World experience :). This cost me an extra $300 in air fare and now I'm panicking. This changed also changeds the cost of a rental car dramatically. Most places will charge us an extra hour + and extra day for this new travel arrangement. Does anyone know a good way to handle renting a car? (I haven't commited to one yet). Any discount codes, etc.

I have booked the Castle by Doubletree for our US/IOA leg of the trip. Right now I am double booked for Dec 5th at POR and Castle. Any opinions on the Castle? I haven't made up my mind yet on which one to drop for the 5th. I think we will get the 5 day park hopper and then spend one day (the 5th) hanging out, taking in the sights of Orlando and then the last two days at US/IOA. Any thoughts?

I could kick myself for not going for the bigger trip right off the bat! I was trying to keep it "within reason", now I've blown an extra $300 for poor planning. Oh well, it'll be great and I'll forget the foolishness :)

Thanks,
PlutosMyFav

For rental cars go to www.mousesavers.com for discount codes. I use Dollar a lot and with the discount codes you can usually get a good rate. I go to the Dollar site and put in the car I want and then try each of the discount codes to see which discount code will give me the best deal. Good luck and enjoy your extra days.

I am using Dollar, also. In fact, we'll be there at the same time. We're leaving Indy on 11/30 and staying until 12/7.

If you don't have any luck with the car rental, have a garage sale and raise the money for the rental car. I am. Two weeks ago I had a sale and made $72 and that was for only 3 hours work. Next Saturday, I'm doing it again. My hope is to raise enough money to cover the rental car and maybe a dinner for our party of 3 at Mexico at Epcot!

Anyway, good luck and I'll be wearing a green ribbon and looking for your green ribbon that week!

Drop PO for the 5th night you will enjoy being in the heart of International Drive for your Exploring day. Also you will want to print these Coupons for Attractions
http://www.floridacouponsavings.com/attractions/attractions.htm
And some to save on dining!! Chick on the left the type of food you are interested in. Some coupons save up to $15.00 off.
http://www.dineinflorida.com/Florida_Seafood/index.htm

hotelhome_large_MCOISDT.jpg
The Doubletree Castle Hotel, located on famous International Drive, stands in the center of Orlando's world famous attractions. It is an upscale, themed hotel with all the ambiance of a summer palace. The towering spires, rooftop terraces, dancing fountains and brilliant sculptures greet guests as they arrive. Our mystically landscaped grounds with grand swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center and two themed restaurants, create the feeling of a majestic castle courtyard. It's a kingdom all its own, designed to make your stay thoroughly magical. The only Doubletree to ever receive 5 "OUTSTANDING" Quality Assurance ratings in a row for ongoing excellence in quality and service. When it's time to sleep, guests will find The Doubletree Castle accommodations spacious and comfortable. Each guest room includes: 2 queen size beds, 6 channel stereo system, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, electronic safe, 3 telephones with data port, full size iron and ironing board, hair dryer, makeup mirror and 25" remote control television with Sony Play Station. Elevators are key activated for added security.

If you belong to a wholesale club (BJ's, Costco, Sam's Club), they normally have pretty good discounts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter