• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me budget for food!

Jen cook

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip to WDW. We usually do Disneyland. This is a graduation trip. we are going June 26-July 7. We will be in the parks 8 days and have typhoon beach bash tickets for one night and reservations for Ohana one morning. We have here kids (17,13,6)

I’m trying to decide how much to budget for food/snacks. We usually do one meal in park. These are the meals we are doing (so far)

Liberty tree
50’s cafe
Tusker house breakfast
Ohana breakfast
Crystal palace dinner
Mama melrose (my sons 18th bday)
Be our guest lunch

I plan to order waters drinks snacks and breakfast items to be delivered to the hotel. Planning on 1 snack/treat a day in parks.

So there’s 5 of us, we don’t have a dining plan because we are staying at the Dolphin.

I’ve looked at the menus and come up with how much maps will cost on our dining reservations, but in addition to that how much would you budget per day?

Thank you!!!!

We're a party of 2 adults and I typically budget about 125.00 per day - this includes 1 TS, 2 QS, 2 Snacks, taxes and tip per person. This also includes 1 alcoholic drink per person. It's a little on the high side, but I'd rather plan to spend more and bring some money home than be short.

I have always felt that it is safe to budget $75 per person per day for Disney adults, and $50 per day for kids. With your group, I would budget $4000 for your whole trip. You probably won't spend all of that, but better to have it set aside and have extra than to budget low and run out of money.

This is our first trip to WDW. We usually do Disneyland. This is a graduation trip. we are going June 26-July 7. We will be in the parks 8 days and have typhoon beach bash tickets for one night and reservations for Ohana one morning. We have here kids (17,13,6)

I’m trying to decide how much to budget for food/snacks. We usually do one meal in park. These are the meals we are doing (so far)

Liberty tree
50’s cafe
Tusker house breakfast
Ohana breakfast
Crystal palace dinner
Mama melrose (my sons 18th bday)
Be our guest lunch

I plan to order waters drinks snacks and breakfast items to be delivered to the hotel. Planning on 1 snack/treat a day in parks.

So there’s 5 of us, we don’t have a dining plan because we are staying at the Dolphin.

I’ve looked at the menus and come up with how much maps will cost on our dining reservations, but in addition to that how much would you budget per day?

Thank you!!!!

My back of the envelope for you, 4 Disney Adults and 1 Disney Child. Fixed price restaurant prices found here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing.3108466/

LTT: $37.38 A, $30.34 C = $169.36 (incl tax) + $29 tip (~18%) = $198
50's Prime Time: $25 A, $11 C (estimate, includes soft drink) = $111.00 + $7.21 tax + $20 tip = $138
Tusker House Breakfast: $36.21 A, $ 21.30 (non Rivers of Light, incl tax) = $166.14 + $28 tip = $194
Ohana Breakfast: 36.21 A, $ 21.30 (incl tax) = $166.14 + $28 tip = $194
Crystal Palace Dinner: $47.93 A, $28.76 C (incl tax) = 220.48 + $37 = $257
Mama Melrose: $27 A, $11 C (estimate, includes soft drink) = $119.00 + $7.73 tax + $21 tip = $148
BOG: $17 A, $8.50 C (estimate, includes soft drink) = $76.50 + $5 tax = $81.50

7 meals total = $1210, $173 per day
Snacks are about $5 each, so add $25 for snacks
You get to about $200 per day with only one meal covered.
I find CS meals to be about $15 per adult, children's meals about $7 so your CS meals will run you about $70 each.

I would say that you'll be spending about $270 per day in meals and snacks for your family of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter