Stitch577

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

We are looking to book a trip for next summer and I need help deciding on a resort. It is just two adults and we are probably going to be renting DVC points. We are going to be going for somewhere between 8-10 nights and can’t choose if we want to do a split stay between Boardwalk and Polynesian, just stay at Poly, or just stay at the Boardwalk. We have stayed at the Boardwalk and absolutely loved it, especially the easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but we’ve also always wanted to stay at Poly and can finally swing it since we are most likely cancelling this summer’s trip. We’ve also considered Gran Destino Tower club level but we don’t like that our transportation option there are the buses. I would love to hear your opinions/suggestions. Thank you!

Hi everyone!

We are looking to book a trip for next summer and I need help deciding on a resort. It is just two adults and we are probably going to be renting DVC points. We are going to be going for somewhere between 8-10 nights and can’t choose if we want to do a split stay between Boardwalk and Polynesian, just stay at Poly, or just stay at the Boardwalk. We have stayed at the Boardwalk and absolutely loved it, especially the easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but we’ve also always wanted to stay at Poly and can finally swing it since we are most likely cancelling this summer’s trip. We’ve also considered Gran Destino Tower club level but we don’t like that our transportation option there are the buses. I would love to hear your opinions/suggestions. Thank you!

If it were me I would stay a couple nights at Poly and the rest at Boardwalk.
You only really need to stay at Poly on the days that you go to MK, including Xtra Magic Hours.

Gran Destino seems like an abomination to me, not a resort. Might as well stay at B resort or Hilton Grand Princess if you are going to go that route.

I agree with the split stay between Poly and Boardwalk. We have stayed at both. Poly is great for those Magic Kingdom days, and it is more relaxing than the Boardwalk. For Epcot and HS days, you cannot beat the Epcot resorts. Poly is my favorite resort, so it is always difficult for me to choose another resort.

I would just do Poly the whole trip since you have never stayed there. It is one of our favorites with the tropical vibe and torches at night and depending on what building you are in can see MK fireworks possibly from your room or a short walk to a different area. You have the electrical water pageant and more food choices with it being easy to get to the other monorail resorts or even taking a boat from either MK or CR to WL or FW. It is easy to walk to the TTC for Epcot.

Love both resorts but do not like moving during our vacations. WDW does help to facilitate a move though. Our home and favorite is boardwalk but we also like trying other resorts from time to time.

I'd agree with doing a split stay. Both are wonderful locations!

Moving day can be a challenge and I always recommend getting a car from Alamo Car Care Center near MK (they will pick you up), even if for 24 hours. If there is anything you want to do off property it's an opportunity or you can pick up groceries you need. When you return the car, they will drop you anywhere on property. We've used bell services and it IMO made the day awkward and tiring. With a car, we feel more in control and efficient. Good luck!

I agree with pp's on doing a split stay. The Poly is my favorite overall, but I also love BWI. Since you've already stayed at BWI, I'd do a few nights there then the rest at Poly. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter