Help me decide dates in May

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Have a family trip (all adults) booked May 2-8th, 2024. Planning to spend 3 nights on Disney property and 3 at USO. Trying to figure whether doing one vs the other would be best with our priority being to minimize wait times at both. While at Disney will be aiming to visit AK and DHS. Also hoping to stay at either RPR or HRH so will luckily have unlimited express passes.

I'm guessing May 2-5 would be busier theme park days at both Disney or USO because it covers the weekend.
If doing Disney first (May 2-5), I hear that May 4th may be busier at DHS.

Any other considerations that may make certain days busier at either Disney or USO?

Thanks in advance

Have you checked the calendar to see if any Grad Nights fall during your trip? That could potentially have an impact on crowds and wait times.

I would do Disney first since it requires more planning, more waiting etc and is just all around more stressful to me. Then when you get to US and have unlimited express you’ll have almost no planning and can enjoy the parks at a more relaxed pace.

Universals grad nites all look to be in April. disney seems to have them in Disneyland but not WDW from what I can tell
Grad bash is in April, Gradventure for middle schoolers is in May.

Gradventure​

2024 Event Dates: Friday May 3rd, Friday May 10th, Saturday May 11th, and Friday May 17th

Gradventure sounds like it's an evening thing? So open to these students when park is otherwise closed to regular guests?

They can get in at 4 PM. I think they close the parks a bit early, like maybe 7 PM (or even 6?) They bring the kids in on buses, and park the buses on the roadway. I remember the bus I was on couldn't figure out how to get back to CBBR because the road to it was closed for bus parking.

Last edited:

These are local kids? so we won't have to worry about them roaming around the hotels unaccompanied?
I would assume for this mostly yes. Some of the organized groups that go for dance, cheerleading, or sports stay in CBBR but they are usually with adults. Haven't seen them at the RP resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter