Help me pick a resort...

Traveling with my in-laws. While we have stayed at CC (and everyone loved it) my MIL got it in her head she would like to stay at Bay Lake in a 2br. ...
Well, it sounds like the pickiest member of your party has already communicated her preference, and since it sounds like everyone else will have a great time no matter where you stay, why not choose the path of least resistance and book BLT?

Thanks to all that replied. I figured I would share this little gem. Today was my 7 month window. Last night I told my husband to call his mom and tell her we decided on BLT (like she wanted!) and in the midst of the (speaker phone) conversation she stops mid sentence and says “oh wait, contemporary.... that’s the one where I had to keep the curtains closed and not look out the window the whole trip! Forget that! So high up! I like grand Floridian better”

It took every ounce of self control not to react. Needless to say- lesson learned lol can’t please everyone but I’m happy to be going back to the grand and my kids have been all over the internet scoping out pools and shops and food and are very excited too. Hopefully that will go for all travel participants. I know I intend to have fun lol

Thanks to all that replied. I figured I would share this little gem. Today was my 7 month window. Last night I told my husband to call his mom and tell her we decided on BLT (like she wanted!) and in the midst of the (speaker phone) conversation she stops mid sentence and says “oh wait, contemporary.... that’s the one where I had to keep the curtains closed and not look out the window the whole trip! Forget that! So high up! I like grand Floridian better”

It took every ounce of self control not to react. Needless to say- lesson learned lol can’t please everyone but I’m happy to be going back to the grand and my kids have been all over the internet scoping out pools and shops and food and are very excited too. Hopefully that will go for all travel participants. I know I intend to have fun lol

Love it!! What a great idea! Have fun at the Grand... hopefully your mother in law (and everyone else) enjoys it!!

Congratulations on getting the resort you wanted. Since points are not a problem, next time if you and your DH want to try BLT, consider getting a separate studio on a low floor for the in laws and a 1BR for your family on a high floor.

(insert favorite facepalm GIF here)

Next time call AFTER making the reservation: "Hey, great news! We got BLT!!!!" :tongue:

I'm going to text my MIL right now and tell her I love her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter